The Dirty Dirty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore)

+4
Jerksborough
Cool Egg Sandwich
River
Serenel
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How do you want the Executive Structored?

Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore) Vote_lcap71%Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore) Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 5 ]
Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore) Vote_lcap29%Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore) Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore) Empty Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore)

Post  Serenel Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:35 pm

This is a poll to determine how the Region of The Dirty South will want its Executive Branch of government structored.

the options are uptop.

the poll is open for five days, this goes through the weekend, and a good bit of next week, giving everyone ample time to vote in the poll.

if you want to see the debate please click both of the provided links.

https://thedirtydirty.forumotion.com/t36-how-do-we-want-it-structored

https://thedirtydirty.forumotion.com/t37-the-election-process-and-time-frame
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore) Empty Re: Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore)

Post  River Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:52 am

I am dismayed at the turnout for this poll. Only five votes to determine the government of this fine region. FOR SHAME!!!
River
River

Back to top Go down

Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore) Empty Re: Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore)

Post  Serenel Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:37 pm

I too hope that we can get more votes on this referendum before it ends.

however the only thing we can do is continue to be role models through our activity, and hopefully others will come.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:09 pm

I have sent out another 'reminder' telegram campaign. In addition, another post or two on the RMB from myself, and the two of you, should provide some input from others.

We can only hope that Arch, TheRonald, True Horde and others who are a large part of this region will start to provide their opinions...
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerksborough Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:05 pm

I rather like the idea of the triumvirate, simply because it's something that you don't see too often in modern governments around the world. How long a term would each member of the triumvirate serve? Should all members terms last the same length of time? Perhaps it would be good for one member to be booted from office every x days. That way, you don't put a whole new government in place at once.

Jerksborough

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Those are all very insightful questions and show you have a true understanding of things.

the answers though would have to be debated if that was the option that won out.

my personal thought process would be that the term would be elected, and last for three months.

however for the first three elected, one would serve a one month term, the second a two month term, and we would have an election every month to elect a new, or re-elect the old member for the position.

does that make sense or should i explain further?
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerksborough Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:26 pm

That makes perfect sense, and I agree with it. If I recall my history correctly, the Romans had something similar at one point, and when it was time to fire somebody from the board (I honestly don't remember the correct names - somebody else might be able to elaborate), that person was chosen randomly so that nobody knew when their time was up. This was designed to limit bribery and corruption, although if handled incorrectly, may also induce a state of apathy.

Jerksborough

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Great to see you participating already, Jerksborough. I hope you will continue to debate these concerns with us. There are many topics that would benefit from your input.

As I originally proposed the Triumvirate, I think it's a great option. Either way, there will be Executives and some sort of Cabinet. Either system, I think has the potential to work out rather effectively.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerksborough Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:38 pm

I support the triumvirate in part because I think it's an interesting organizational idea, and in part because I'm curious to see it implemented - I don't think that its in use anywhere in the modern real-life world.

Jerksborough

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Jerksborough wrote:I support the triumvirate in part because I think it's an interesting organizational idea, and in part because I'm curious to see it implemented - I don't think that its in use anywhere in the modern real-life world.

I proposed it mostly for the reason that it was used by the early Roman republic. I'm pretty sure it was the republic, don't quote me. Bad history major, bad history major...
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:55 pm

If that is the option that passes i will be happy to try and work with it, i just feel like it leaves the door open for either curroption, or not being able to get anything done, or both, lol.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:56 pm

I guess it's a good thing Prime Minister / President is winning, then...
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:58 pm

I just realized that I haven't been paying any attention to this thread since I voted lol
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:I guess it's a good thing Prime Minister / President is winning, then...

well that is just soley my opinion...i dont know if it is true or not, just how i would imagine it would unfold, for all we know it could be the best system in the world, i am just a cucasian male, so i dont like change.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  River Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:42 am

Serenel wrote:If that is the option that passes i will be happy to try and work with it, i just feel like it leaves the door open for either curroption, or not being able to get anything done, or both, lol.

Look what happened in Rome Laughing
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerksborough Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:16 am

Now I gotta go get my textbooks out and try to brush up on my early roman history... And here I was going to play some videogames tonight Razz

What is the disadvantage of the triumvirate? Less participation? Potentially corruption if the three officers backbench behind the scenes?

Jerksborough

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:24 am

Well listen guys, if you want a Triumvirate we can try it.

but just from my knowledge of the human condition, plus my knowledge of political science, plus my experience in the game a Triumvirate in my opinion could be a disastor.

however thats just how i feel about it, i have been wrong before, i could be wrong now.

i just see the system as elitist, i think new comers will get this feeling too and be turned off by it, espeically if the same people are running and getting elected over and over again which i think will happen.

this will lead to less participation, and a slow death of the region.

not to mention that its hard for two people to agree on something at times, imagine having three people having to agree/get along with stuff...and what if one goes inactive? i mean...iunno just has alot of pitfalls i feel like.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerksborough Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:10 am

In practical terms, you may be correct. Does a Prime Ministry hold more jobs for more region states to hold? If so, then perhaps it would engender more participation.

Jerksborough

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Okay, well with that said I think I would be willing to switch my vote over to a Ministerial system.
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  River Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:18 pm

A classical Westminster government with a one house Legislature, methinks.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore) Empty I love it!!

Post  The True Horde Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:59 pm

I'm sorry I have not been very involved in our dear regions government structuring, I have been working 60 hour weeks and well in truth I'm just to exhausted to even read the post's lately.

With that being said,

Greetings Brothers and Sisters of The Dirty South!

I vote for a prime minister and a parliament. I like the idea of a parliament without a Queen to oversee every decision.
The True Horde
The True Horde
Admin

https://thedirtydirty.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:56 pm

glad to have you posting true horde.

and believe me, i know what you mean, i am working 72 hours a week...i pretty much live at my job right now.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Serenel wrote:glad to have you posting true horde.

and believe me, i know what you mean, i am working 72 hours a week...i pretty much live at my job right now.

Apparently though, you get to play NationStates all day long...
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:02 pm

one of the many blessings of having a cubical and apathetic supervision...and being on night shift.

quite an aligning of the stars if you will
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  River Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:06 pm

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde LOL
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next