The Dirty Dirty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do we want it structored?

3 posters

Go down

How do we want it structored? Empty How do we want it structored?

Post  Serenel Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:45 pm

So we must first start off with the simple question of how do we want our executive structored, and what shall we call it?

there seems to be a growing concensus to use the label of Prime Minister?

personally i feel its over done, but would be willing to go along with it.

also do we just want one head executive?

i have been in a region where it was a duel role, that is something to ponder.

what do you guys think?
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

How do we want it structored? Empty Re: How do we want it structored?

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:51 pm

Well, instead of proposing the idea of 'Prime Minister' and cabinet positions. We could strip down the size of the Executive Branch. Personally, I would prefer the consulate system, more specifically a Triumvirate.

Three executive officers, all serving the same 'term', and all on equal footing. All executive matters are decided by the Triumvirate on a simple majority basis.

This system could replace what may become an inefficient bureaucratic nightmare, or just a massive sized cabinet.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:13 am

hmm, that is certianly an idea with merit, it would be efficient.

but the 'Council' as it were would probably just end up creating Secretaries to divy up and help out with the duties anyways. Also in NS you want to have the ability to have large 'employment' if you will, people dont want to just log ontot he forum, and look around, they want to participate.

however i like the idea and i think it would work out.

an idea i would like to offer, as just a competing idea is we elect a President, or Prime Minister, the label doesnt really matter, and a Vice President/Deputy Prime Minister, on a ticket.

if the ticket wins, the President is the head of the Executive of course, and can est, and disband dept's as s/he sees fit, and the Vice President would be the Speaker of the Assembly, and first in line to become President if the President has to resign, or go on holiday or something.

just something i thought would be interesting, what do you guys think? is Eggs idea more appealing? do you have your own?
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:55 am

I prefer the idea of the Triumvirate, this being a simulation game, enpowering one individual nation with all the executive power would be foolish, seeing how RL has a tendency to eat peoples free time...
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:16 am

Anglenburgh wrote:I prefer the idea of the Triumvirate, this being a simulation game, enpowering one individual nation with all the executive power would be foolish, seeing how RL has a tendency to eat peoples free time...

Well, the two competing ideas are CURRENTLY this:

1) Triumvirate as the sole Executive offices

2) Prime Minister WITH cabinet positions (no set number decided)
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:18 am

dont foreget that their would also be a deputy position, that would be the leader of the assembly.

a small caveot, but makes a big difference.

also you wouldnt really be empowering one nation with all the executive power, s/he would be expected to develop a cabinet to devolve some of that power amoungst them, but i do see your point, and it is a valid concern.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:35 pm

I think I am okay with either system, but I would need to see the types of powers each proposed system would give the Executive leader.
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:08 pm

well i think in my system it would be pretty generalized.

the Prime Minister/President, whatever we call him, would run his administration through his cabinet, and would generally be tasked with keeping the region secure, getting nations in the region on NS and then on the forum, keeping activity up, and that sort of stuff.

maybe he would have the power of veto, that could be over-ridden..i really want that, but am not married to it.

and then s/he would also be the commander and cheif.

and the VP/DPM, would be the Speaker of the Assembly, would organize votes, open voting, close voting, you know, administatal stuff.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Yeah, I was thinking like something similar to US Presidential veto power. We could also adopt the 60% majority required to override 'Veto', or whatever it is.

Like Serenel, I think that this should be a power of the Prime Minister, it seems pretty standard to me.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:23 pm

okay, i think we need to settle how we want our executive structored once and for all.

i will open a poll, in the Constitutional Hall, so we can vote for which one we want.

once we have decided which one we want, then we can move foreward.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum