The Dirty Dirty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The executive

5 posters

Go down

The executive Empty The executive

Post  Serenel Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:43 pm

In this forum we will discuss issues concerning how we want to create our executive branch.

please feel free to come in and give your opinion, propose your ideas, and give feedback.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

The executive Empty Re: The executive

Post  Serenel Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:17 pm

heads up i am writing a rough...probably rough rough.

draft of this section.

will be published, and stickyed for debate and conversation once i am done.

just wanted to give you guys a heads up.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:17 am

Okay, i admit before hand, this is not my best work.

there was alot of stuff we wanted to include, and some of the language, because we wanted to include some rather unique things, is probably rather confusing. Also, i am pretty tired and sluggish today...so yea.

so i do deem this a rough, rough draft.

and ask that everyone take a fine-toothed comb to this, and add their suggestions/what i left out/what could be better.

however, with out further adeu, here is my Executive Section of our constitution:

Section II-The Executive

Article A-Structure of the Executive

1. The Executive Power of The Dirty South shall be invested in the Office of the Premier, as well as the Office of the Deputy Premier

2. The Premier and Deputy Premier shall be elected by his or her fellow citizens of the Dirty South

3. Upon assenting to the Office of the Premier the citizen nation shall give up his or her seat in the General Assembly. The nation will be able to regain their seat once their duration as the Dirty South’s Premier has reached its conclusion.

Article B-The Powers of the Premier

1. The Premier shall be the Commander and Chief of The Dirty South Military

2. The Premier shall have the ability to sign treaties and alliances with other Regions, with the advice and consent of the General Assembly

3. The Premier shall be allowed to establish and disband Executive Departments at his or her own discretion

4. The Premier shall have the ability to appoint Secretaries to head the Executive Departments he creates, with the advice and consent of the General Assembly

5. Secretaries of Executive Departments serve at the pleasure of the Premier and can be dismissed by the Premier at any time for any reason.

6. The Premier shall have the power of Executive Order, as long as those orders only effect the Executive Branch

7. The Secretaries of Executive Departments shall have the power of Executive Order, as long as those orders only effect the Departments they head.

Article C- Election of the Premier

1. The elections shall be administered by the Admins of the forum

2. The Premier and the Deputy Premier are elected on a single ticket

3. There shall be a three day nomination period where citizen nations may nominate themselves to run on for the Office of the Premier. Within this timeframe the citizen nation must also announce who shall be running with him on his ticket for the position of Deputy Premier.

4. After the three day nomination period, all nominees who are in accordance with Section II, Article C, Clause 3 of this constitution shall then appear on the ballot in an election that shall last for 7 days.

5. At the conclusion of the 7 day voting period, the ticket that received 50%+1 of the voted shall be declared the winner of the election, and shall immediately ascend to the Office of the Premier, and the Office of Deputy Premier.

6. If, at the conclusion of the voting period no ticket has achieved 50%+1 of the votes, a runoff election will be held that will include the tickets that received the most votes.

7. The runoff election shall last for a period of 7 days, and at its conclusion the ticket that has received 50%+1 of the vote shall be declared the winner and shall immediately ascend to the office of the Premier, and Deputy Premier.

Article D- Absence of the Premier

1. The Premier of the Dirty South, with notice to the General Assembly may take a leave of absence for a stated period of time, and in such a case the Deputy Premier would undertake the role of the ‘Acting Premier’.

2. In the role of ‘Acting Premier’ the Deputy Premier has none of the power granted to the Office of the Premier stated in Section II, Article B, however merely presides over the cabinet of The Dirty South and acts in a ceremonial role, and as a go to figurehead for the cabinet to go to if an emergency arises.

3. The commander and chief of the military in such a time that the Premier takes a leave of absence shall be a position set forth by the Premier before his leave takes effect.

4. However if for any reason the Premier resigns, Ceases to be a citizen of The Dirty South as outlined by this Constitution, or is removed from office, The Deputy Premier shall ascend to the Office of Premier and hold all the powers that of the Premier that are laid out in Section II, Article B.

Article E- Impeachment and the Removal from office of the Premier

1. The Premier may be impeached by the General Assembly at anytime for reasons such as, treason to the region of the Dirty South, breaking the law of the Dirty South, failing to hold up the constitution of the Dirty South, or for whatever other reason the General Assembly in future sees fit to lay out in codified statute.

2. Any statute that lays out further reasons to impeach a Premier shall only take effect until after the next election cycle in which they were passed. As such a Premier cannot be impeached by the General Assembly for reasons laid out after he or she is elected to the Office of the Premier.

3. The General Assembly can pass Articles of Impeachment against the Premier in the form of a motion that must gain 2/3rds in favor of the votes cast.

4. If the Articles of Impeachment pass through the General Assembly, the Premier shall be prosecuted before the Supreme Court of The Dirty South, and if found guilty of the crimes mentioned in the Articles of Impeachment, shall be removed from office.

Article F- Executive Term Length

1. The Premier and Deputy Premier shall serve terms lasting for a period of 10 weeks.

2. the admins of the forum are mandated to begin the process of the next election cycle (including time for nominations and runoff elections) in time to be able for the new administration to take its seat immediately after the 10 week term of the old administration.

3. This may end up in a short period of time, when a new Premier has been elected, and the old Premier is coming to the end of their term. In such an event the new Premier shall be titled ‘Premier-elect’ until such a time that the 10 week term of the old Premier has expired.

4. the Premier-elect shall be able to present his appointees to cabinet positions to the Assembly at this time, however s/he and his or her appointees shall not hold any executive authority until such a time that the 10 week term of the old Premier has expired.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Perfect, Serenel.

There is only one spelling / grammar error. I couldn't tell which it was.

Section II, Article A, Clause 3.

3. Upon assenting to the Office of the Premier the citizen nation shall give up his or her seat in the General Assembly. The nation will be able to regain their seat once their duration as the Dirty South’s Premier has reached its conclusion.

I'm not sure if you were trying to say "upon ascending" which would mean assuming the office, or rising to the office, or if you were trying to say "upon assenting", as in agreement to take the office. I think for clarity and consistency of language you should go with "ascending"...

Nomination and running for the Office should suffice for assent in the case of election.

Rgds.,
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:45 pm

i surely was trying to say ascending.

thanks for the catch. Very Happy

Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:48 pm

Serenel wrote:i surely was trying to say ascending.

thanks for the catch. Very Happy

No problem. Looks great though, excellent job.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:54 pm

I concur this is great work!
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:21 am

Thanks for your support guys.

i tweaked some things around.

some of the terminology needed to be turned around, and some things needed to be added.

i think the biggest things that i need feed back on are Article F, Clause 5.

here i was trying to show, it would be in bad taste for a Premier-Elect to vote in favor of his appointees, because even though they arent a Premier, they soon will be and a Premier doesnt have a vote in the Asembly, however i am not too happy with how i worded it, so if you guys have any ideas after reading it, let me know.

also take a look at Article E, Clause 3.

here i wanted to limit the things the Assembly could impeech the Premier, because in the Previous draft, it was theoretically possible that the Assembly could pass legislation that may be a power grab by that branch, and they would be allowed to do it. So i wanted to include this clause, so a Premier, if they wanted, could take it to the Supreme Court for Judicial Review to see if it was a legit reason for impeachment or not. Know what i mean?

Also, not as important, but take note that i removed the term 'immedieatly' when talking about the election of the Premier, because like it is noted in Article F, there is probably going to be a short 'lame duck' phase, and therefore would make it untrue that someone is immedieatly acsending to the Office.

i think those are the only real noteworthy things.

like i said before, read it and tell me if you find anything, this is going to be our constitution it has to be next to perfect, and the only way to do that is to have as many eyes on this thing as possible.

so here it is:

Section II-The Executive

1. The Executive Power of The Dirty South shall be invested in the Office of the Premier, as well as the Office of the Deputy Premier

2. The Premier and Deputy Premier shall be elected by their fellow citizens of the Dirty South

3. Upon ascending to the Office of the Premier the citizen nation shall give up his or her seat in the General Assembly. The nation will be able to regain their seat once their duration as the Dirty South’s Premier has reached its conclusion.

2. The Premier shall have the ability to sign treaties and alliances with other Regions, with the advice and consent of the General Assembly

3. The Premier shall be allowed to establish and disband Executive Departments at his or her own discretion

4. The Premier shall have the ability to appoint Secretaries to head the Executive Departments s/he creates, with the advice and consent of the General Assembly

5. Secretaries of Executive Departments serve at the pleasure of the Premier and can be dismissed by the Premier at any time for any reason.

6. The Premier shall have the power of Executive Order, as long as those orders only affect the Executive Branch

7. The Secretaries of Executive Departments shall have the power of Executive Order, as long as those orders only affect the Departments they head.

2. The Premier and the Deputy Premier are elected together on a single ticket

3. There shall be a three day nomination period where citizen nations may nominate themselves to run for the Office of the Premier. Within this timeframe the citizen nation must also announce who shall be running on their ticket for the position of Deputy Premier.

4. After the three day nomination period, all nominees who are in accordance with Section II, Article C, Clause 3 of this constitution shall then appear on the ballot in an election that shall last for 7 days.

5. At the conclusion of the 7 day voting period, the ticket that has received 50%+1 of the votes cast shall be declared the winner of the election, and shall ascend to the Office of the Premier, and the Office of Deputy Premier immediately after the conclusion of the current Executive term.

6. If, at the conclusion of the voting period no ticket has achieved 50%+1 of the votes cast, a runoff election will be held that will include the top two tickets that received the most votes.

7. The runoff election shall last for a period of 7 days, and at its conclusion the ticket that has received 50%+1 of the votes cast shall be declared the winner and shall ascend to the office of the Premier, and Deputy Premier immediately after the conclusion of the current Executive term.

1. The Premier of the Dirty South, with notice to the General Assembly, may take a leave of absence for a stated period of time, and in such a case the Deputy Premier would undertake the role of the ‘Acting Premier’.

2. In the role of ‘Acting Premier’ the Deputy Premier has none of the power granted to the Office of the Premier as stated in Section II, Article B, however merely presides over the cabinet of The Dirty South and acts in a ceremonial role, and as a figurehead for the cabinet to go to if an emergency arises.

3. The Commander and Chief of the Military in such a time that the Premier takes a leave of absence shall be a position set forth by the Premier before his leave takes effect.

4. However if for any reason the Premier resigns, Ceases to be a citizen of The Dirty South as outlined by this Constitution, or is removed from office, The Deputy Premier shall ascend to the Office of the Premier and hold all the powers of the Premier that are laid out in Section II, Article B.

1. The Premier may be impeached by the General Assembly at anytime for reasons such as, treason to the region of the Dirty South, breaking the law of the Dirty South, failing to hold up the constitution of the Dirty South, or for whatever other reason the General Assembly in future sees fit to lay out in codified statute.

2. Any statute that lays out further reasons to impeach a Premier shall only take effect until after the next election cycle in which they were passed. As such a Premier cannot be impeached by the General Assembly for reasons laid out after he or she is elected to the Office of the Premier.

3. Furthermore, any statute passed by the General Assembly, which seeks to expand upon the reasons for impeachment, should be within reason and be justified to save for a democratic, and prosperous region.

4. The General Assembly can pass Articles of Impeachment against the Premier in the form of a motion that must gain 2/3rds in favor of the votes cast.

5. If the Articles of Impeachment pass through the General Assembly, the Premier shall be prosecuted before the Supreme Court of The Dirty South, and if found guilty of the crimes mentioned in the Articles of Impeachment, shall be removed from office.

1. The Premier and Deputy Premier shall serve terms lasting for a period of 10 weeks.

2. the Admins of the forum are mandated to begin the process of the next election cycle (including time for nominations and runoff elections) in time to be able for the new administration to take its seat immediately after the 10 week term of the old administration.

3. This may end up in a short period of time, when a new Premier has been elected, and the old Premier is coming to the end of their term. In such an event the new Premier shall be titled ‘Premier-elect’ until such a time that the 10 week term of the old Premier has expired.

4. The Premier-elect shall be able to present his appointees to cabinet positions to the Assembly at this time, however s/he and his or her appointees shall not hold any executive authority until such a time that the 10 week term of the old Premier has expired.

5. The Premier-elect is honor bound to not cast a vote for his nominees, or interfere with the Assembly’s process as the Premier is not also a member of the Assembly. While the Premier-elect is not, strictly speaking the Premier, nor indoctrinated with any of the powers there of, the Premier-elect should respect that under normal circumstances the Office in which they shortly will be ascending to does not have a vote in the Assembly.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Perfect, other than one thing.

I am surprised I missed this before, but in Article B, Clause 1: it should read "Commander in Chief" and not "Commander and Chief".

Also, you should go through the entire section and make sure you refer to the Assembly in the same terms. Consistency of language is very important as you know. In some instances you refer to it as "The Assembly" and in others you reference it as "The General Assembly".

I just wanted to make sure it was consistently one term, as to not allow for constitutional loopholes with the legislature.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Thanks for the catch CES.

okay, unless someone speaks up, this is probably the Final version of the Executive Section.

the only think i changed, besides the things that CES brought up was i added to Article C, Clause 3, that the person running for DP, has to post his consent within the three day period.

i thought i needed to add this, because while it should be common sense that a nominee should check with a nation before posting him or her as their running mate, it tech was not mandated by the constitution.

this could end up in a new nation saying i am running for Premier...oh and CES is my deputy!!!...

so i thought we should avoid that.

let me know what you guys think, and remember this could very well be the final version, so read through with care.

Section II-The Executive

2. The Premier and Deputy Premier shall be elected by their fellow citizens of the Dirty South

3. Upon ascending to the Office of the Premier the citizen nation shall give up his or her seat in the General Assembly. The nation will be able to regain their seat once their duration as the Dirty South’s Premier has reached its conclusion.

1. The Premier shall be the Commander -in- Chief of The Dirty South Military

4. The Premier shall have the ability to appoint Secretaries to head the Executive Departments s/he creates, with the advice and consent of the General Assembly

6. The Premier shall have the power of Executive Order, as long as those orders only affect the Executive Branch.

7. The Secretaries of Executive Departments shall have the power of Executive Order, as long as those orders only affect the Departments they head.

3. There shall be a three day nomination period where citizen nations may nominate themselves to run for the Office of the Premier. Within this timeframe the citizen nation must also announce who shall be running on their ticket for the position of Deputy Premier. The citizen nation, chosen to run with the nominee on the ticket as Deputy Premier, must also post their consent within the specified three day nomination period.

5. At the conclusion of the 7 day voting period, the ticket that has received 50%+1 of the votes cast shall be declared the winner of the election, and shall ascend to the Office of the Premier, and the Office of Deputy Premier immediately after the conclusion of the current Executive term.

6. If, at the conclusion of the voting period no ticket has achieved 50%+1 of the votes cast, a runoff election will be held that will include the top two tickets that received the most votes.

7. The runoff election shall last for a period of 7 days, and at its conclusion the ticket that has received 50%+1 of the votes cast shall be declared the winner and shall ascend to the office of the Premier, and Deputy Premier immediately after the conclusion of the current Executive term.

1. The Premier of the Dirty South, with notice to the General Assembly, may take a leave of absence for a stated period of time, and in such a case the Deputy Premier would undertake the role of the ‘Acting Premier’.

2. In the role of ‘Acting Premier’ the Deputy Premier has none of the power granted to the Office of the Premier as stated in Section II, Article B, however merely presides over the cabinet of The Dirty South and acts in a ceremonial role, and as a figurehead for the cabinet to go to if an emergency arises.

3. The Commander -in- Chief of the Military in such a time that the Premier takes a leave of absence shall be a position set forth by the Premier before his leave takes effect.

4. However if for any reason the Premier resigns, Ceases to be a citizen of The Dirty South as outlined by this Constitution, or is removed from office, The Deputy Premier shall ascend to the Office of the Premier and hold all the powers of the Premier that are laid out in Section II, Article B.

3. Furthermore, any statute passed by the General Assembly, which seeks to expand upon the reasons for impeachment, should be within reason and be justified to save for a democratic, and prosperous region.

4. The General Assembly can pass Articles of Impeachment against the Premier in the form of a motion that must gain 2/3rds in favor of the votes cast.

5. If the Articles of Impeachment pass through the General Assembly, the Premier shall be prosecuted before the Supreme Court of The Dirty South, and if found guilty of the crimes mentioned in the Articles of Impeachment, shall be removed from office.

2. the Admins of the forum are mandated to begin the process of the next election cycle (including time for nominations and runoff elections) in time to be able for the new administration to take its seat immediately after the 10 week term of the old administration.

4. The Premier-elect shall be able to present his appointees to cabinet positions to the General Assembly at this time, however s/he and his or her appointees shall not hold any executive authority until such a time that the 10 week term of the old Premier has expired.

5. The Premier-elect is honor bound to not cast a vote for his nominees, or interfere with the Assembly’s process as the Premier is not also a member of the Assembly. While the Premier-elect is not, strictly speaking the Premier, nor indoctrinated with any of the powers there of, the Premier-elect should respect that under normal circumstances the Office in which they shortly will be ascending to does not have a vote in the Assembly.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:23 pm

Golden.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Rod.

Wait... Never mind, I thought this was the word association thread affraid
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerksborough Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:43 pm

The current draft looks great, but I'm a little bit foggy on a couple of things.

First, what's the advantage of being the Premier? I mean, sure, you can establish comittees and appoint secretaries and whatnot, and I guess you're in charge of the military, but what do you actually do on a day-to-day basis? The position as outlined seems more like that of a figurehead, which is cool, if that's what we're after.

Secondly, the document should probably lay out the rules for establishing the Supreme Court, since they're involved in impeaching the Premier. Are they appointed? If so, by whom? Surely not by the Premier that they may one day be asked to impeach.

Edit: I found the thread about the Judicial branch. I'll take my second question there.

Jerksborough

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:50 pm

Jerksborough wrote:The current draft looks great, but I'm a little bit foggy on a couple of things.

First, what's the advantage of being the Premier? I mean, sure, you can establish comittees and appoint secretaries and whatnot, and I guess you're in charge of the military, but what do you actually do on a day-to-day basis? The position as outlined seems more like that of a figurehead, which is cool, if that's what we're after.

The Premier is the head of the region, and as such leads the military, deals with immigration to the region, deals with keeping people active on the forums, deals with creating embassies with foregin regions, and the like.

as the Premier they pretty much set the agenda for the region, and through his Deputy, which you will see will also be the Speaker of the Assembly, can influence and set the legislation in the region.

So the advantage of being the Premier, is like the advantage of being the President of the United States, or any country really, they are the one who will lead the region, try to make it prosperious and grow, and the like...you know what i mean?
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:52 pm

also, in reguards to your second question, this is only one section of the Constitution.

the Judicial Branch will have its own Section. Very Happy
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerksborough Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:43 pm

Ok I'm satisfied. Nice work.

Jerksborough

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:49 pm

Thank you for your approval Very Happy

i hope you will review the Judicial Section as well, it is nearing finalization.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Knights Inquisitor Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:11 am

Looks good. I approve.
Knights Inquisitor
Knights Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:18 pm

Some how we all managed to foreget to include that the Premier has the power of the veto...just figured that out as i was drafting the legislative section...that wouldnt of been pretty.

so here is the updated version, just added a clause 8, to article B.

Section II-The Executive

6. The Premier shall have the power of Executive Order, as long as those orders only affect the Executive Branch

8. The Premier shall have the power to Veto a motion of the General Assembly, and may attach a letter of recommendation, which could contain his thoughts, reservations, and disagreeability of the motion, among other things.

3. There shall be a three day nomination period where citizen nations may nominate themselves to run for the Office of the Premier. Within this timeframe the citizen nation must also announce who shall be running on their ticket for the position of Deputy Premier.

3. The Commander and Chief of the Military in such a time that the Premier takes a leave of absence shall be a position set forth by the Premier before his leave takes effect.

4. The Premier-elect shall be able to present his appointees to cabinet positions to the Assembly at this time, however s/he and his or her appointees shall not hold any executive authority until such a time that the 10 week term of the old Premier has expired.

Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:22 pm

I certainly feel ridiculous for not noticing that miscue. In any event, it looks great. Bank it.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down