The Dirty Dirty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Assembly: "In Regards to Cloning"

2 posters

Go down

How should the regional delegate vote on General Assembly Resolution: "In Regards to Cloning"?

General Assembly: "In Regards to Cloning" Vote_lcap100%General Assembly: "In Regards to Cloning" Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 4 ]
General Assembly: "In Regards to Cloning" Vote_lcap0%General Assembly: "In Regards to Cloning" Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

General Assembly: "In Regards to Cloning" Empty General Assembly: "In Regards to Cloning"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:11 am

Here is where we will debate the current General Assembly Resolution: "In Regards to Cloning". This resolution (which I co-authored, although admittedly isn't very good [not my fault, I promise]) essentially guarantees rights for all sentient sapient clones. If you are not familiar with the concepts of sentience and sapience they are as follows:

Sentience generally refers to an organism's ability to experience sensation. For example, the ability to see/hear/touch etc.

Sapience refers to the decision-making process related to the sensory process; essentially it's reasoning/logic. For example, if I watched a movie, and reasoned to myself why it was terrible, I would be practicing sapience, so to speak.

Here is a link to the current Resolution Link City.

Here is a link to the GA Forums debate surrounding this Resolution Debate:GA Forums

Also attached is a poll question which will serve to determine my Delegate's vote in the World Assembly.

With that, I will cede the floor to your arguments For/Against this resolution.

Saludos,

P.S. I am very sorry for this being late, but I have been busy with classwork and what not; I hope everyone has time to cast their vote...
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

General Assembly: "In Regards to Cloning" Empty Cloning

Post  United Midwest Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:24 am

I have my own views on cloning, as I'm sure we all do, but I do not believe it is such cut and dry as "for" and "against". For example are we talking cloning plants, animals, or humans. Genetic modification aside plants and animals cloned could very well help solve food shortages, but going into experimentation of human cloning would definatly have people like myself questioning the ethics.

United Midwest

Back to top Go down

General Assembly: "In Regards to Cloning" Empty Re: General Assembly: "In Regards to Cloning"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:57 am

Passed....
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

General Assembly: "In Regards to Cloning" Empty Re: General Assembly: "In Regards to Cloning"

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down