The Dirty Dirty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Assembly: "Guns and Mental Capacity"

5 posters

Go down

How should the regional delegate vote on General Assembly Resolution: "Guns and Mental Capacity"?

General Assembly: "Guns and Mental Capacity" Vote_lcap100%General Assembly: "Guns and Mental Capacity" Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 6 ]
General Assembly: "Guns and Mental Capacity" Vote_lcap0%General Assembly: "Guns and Mental Capacity" Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

General Assembly: "Guns and Mental Capacity" Empty General Assembly: "Guns and Mental Capacity"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:07 am

Here we will debate the current WA General Assembly Resolution: 'Guns and Mental Capacity'. It is a resolution to restrict the sale and use of guns by those deemed 'mentally incompetent'. A link to the thread can be found HERE

Attached to this thread is a Poll question which will serve to determine my Delegate vote in the World Assembly.

With that, I will cede the floor to your arguments For / Against the WA General Assembly Resolution: 'Guns and Mental Capacity'.

Saludos,
The Little Green Ghouls of Cool Egg Sandwich, WA Delegate
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

General Assembly: "Guns and Mental Capacity" Empty pretty sound (FOR)

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:15 am

This proposed resolution, in my humble opinion, is pretty damn sound. I certainly can't disagree with limiting the ability of 'mentally incompetent' people to acquire and handle dangerous weapons, guns especially.

While this is a 'minor' restriction of personal freedoms, I believe this legislation is certainly in the best interest of public safety within all member nations. Anarchic at times, the government of Cool Egg Sandwich believes in the rights of their citizens above all else. But sometimes 'too many rights' can produce certain issues. While the CES government legalized and encourages gun ownership in all forms, we feel it is best to vote FOR the WA General Assembly Resolution: 'Guns and Mental Capacity' in the interest of public safety.

Saludos,
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

General Assembly: "Guns and Mental Capacity" Empty Re: General Assembly: "Guns and Mental Capacity"

Post  Infernal Rhapsody Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:05 am

Considering the Nation of Kotai is as gun-retarded as it gets, I feel I should vote For instead of Against. Although voting against makes me giggle a little on the inside, Kotai needs some serious mental help when it comes to fire arms.
Infernal Rhapsody
Infernal Rhapsody

Back to top Go down

General Assembly: "Guns and Mental Capacity" Empty Re: General Assembly: "Guns and Mental Capacity"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:42 am

Well, just make sure to answer the poll question when you've finally made up your mind...

Saludos,
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cupcakium Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:02 pm

i thought that it was pretty clear on what it was trying to address, it went strait to the issue.

The king dom of cupcakium
cupcakium
cupcakium

Back to top Go down

Post  Architektonikon Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:45 pm

Are you guys kidding me, every person with a mental disorder should have a gun. They are more than responsible. If they cannot afford it, the gov should give them one for free!
Architektonikon
Architektonikon

Back to top Go down

Post  TheRonald Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:08 pm

I'm so glad no one has let you have a gun, Ronald

TheRonald

Back to top Go down

General Assembly: "Guns and Mental Capacity" Empty In seriousness

Post  Architektonikon Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:15 pm

eggs, retract one of the votes for and change it to an against. I actually read the proposal and didn't like it at all (sorry for voting uninformed). I understand what he is getting at, and that might be just. But the proposition itself is awful. What does it actually do? For instance, in some nation there are no background tests or waiting period etc., what would this proposal do? The mental person could by the gun even though he was not allowed to, and the seller would have no way of knowing until he shoots someone. Then, the totally ignorant gun salesman goes to jail or is crippled by some fine from the WA. Oh wait, he did not even say what the repercussions of breaking the proposals law where!!!!!! Overall, its bad. Can it.
Architektonikon
Architektonikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:41 pm

Well, Ron there is no provision in the legislation to punish those who sell guns to a 'mentally incompetent person'. It's a pretty bare-bones proposal, at least in the sense that it leaves a lot of room for personal national interpretation.

I don't quite see your point about waiting periods, specifically in how they would affect 'distributors', since there is no provision regarding a ban on sale of guns to 'mentally incompetent' people. There is, however, a ban on 'mentally incompetent' from purchasing.

Well, from what I have gathered it is not really the WA's role to define specific repercussions. I am actually catching alot of heat with my proposal, "Consumer Product Safety", for exactly that reason. I am beginning to realize that we really don't want the WA to turn the NationStates world into a 'nanny-state'. So, I think national governments are capable of defining their own regulations, while maintaining the integrity of this WA legislation...

Regards,
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down