The Dirty Dirty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore)

+4
Jerksborough
Cool Egg Sandwich
River
Serenel
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How do you want the Executive Structored?

Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore) - Page 2 Vote_lcap71%Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 5 ]
Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore) - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore) - Page 2 Empty Re: Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore)

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:14 pm

Picture of Dorian Grey is one of my favorites.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore) - Page 2 Empty Re: Peoples Referendum (Executive Structore)

Post  River Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:24 pm

That's funny since Dorian is the family pet of the House of Grey. Laughing
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:48 pm

I like the House of Mirth and The Yellow Wallpaper Very Happy
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  River Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Excuse me? *confuzzled*

The House of Grey is the second largest family in NS behind the Anumians who are the largest. They sorta merged through a marriage and have 300+ members last I heard.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:57 pm

Now I'm conpuzzled... I thought we got into a discussion of books... Hence, the Dorian Grey thing?
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:56 am

She was just referencing 'NS families' that have formed in the game over the years.

its the practice of people 'adopting' other nations and 'marrying' other nations with in the game....
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  River Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:14 am

Sorry, I tend to go off topic rather quickly. Sad
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Knights Inquisitor Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:38 pm

We seem to have decided on a Prime Ministerial style of Executive structure, with said Executive being elected, with terms of office yet to be decided, having yet to be determined Executive Powers. Am I right?
Knights Inquisitor
Knights Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  River Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:12 pm

That's what it seems to me.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:25 pm

Yup, Ministerial over Triumvirate.

Okay, but I don't understand the whole 'NS Family' thing... Is it like the Mob Laughing
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  River Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:54 pm

It's mostly a social thing though they can be of great assistance to a Family member in need.

In the fall of 2009, a member of the Anumian Family was slandered, defamed and banished from a well known region and its forum. The worst part was that this happened to a girl. Suddenly, there were the Anumian's and Grey's with many of the other Families descending on the region and it's forums and seeking retribution. The Anumian's and Grey's have over 300 members and the other Families added to these numbers. Another major region brokered a truce and then an settlement which included an apology to the victim, her Family, her home region, the removal of the relevant posts and the victim's bans being lifted.

Families are a political force that is mostly benign, but can be formidable if the need arises.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:27 pm

That is freaking incredible and amazing and just like Shocked!

How do you 'join' a Family? Can we all start a Family?
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  River Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:54 pm

You can start a family of your own or join one of the existing families. One region that has all of the established houses represented is The Alliance of Queens. You don't have to log-in, the Houses are visible as a guest.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Alliance_of_Queens/index.php?act=idx
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:56 pm

i think you start a family just by simply saying...

i am forming a family...who wants in?

its not really my bag...i think its rather....silly....but....tis only my very personal opinion.

also families usually only matter in regions with Kings and Queens...but like River explained they have grew their influences to other areas.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:00 pm

I am a Queendom! That makes this all the more savory Very Happy mwahahahaha
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  River Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:01 pm

Last time I looked, they were in Europeia, Kodiak and a couple I can't remember atm.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:02 pm

yea...like i said, they have gone to other areas....
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  River Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:03 pm

Oh yes, Unknown for another.

They can on the strength of their leaders and members.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:05 pm

I think that is very cool. But that's just me.
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Architektonikon Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:33 pm

I guess I missed the chance to vote. My vote was president. Oh and Water (i believe that who was who said it), do you really think the analogy of Rome works? Let us just jump to the dictatorship... et tu brute Wink
Architektonikon
Architektonikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:51 pm

ugh julius ceasar was a horrible play! I hated reading that filth (lol?)

plus as a side note, in french it is Et toi, Brute? I always say et tu and my teacher gets p.o.'ed hahaha
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Architektonikon Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:26 pm

Its not french, its latin Wink
Architektonikon
Architektonikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:36 pm

I know it's latin, but I always screw it up is what i was trying to convey in my shady logic lol
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerksborough Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:02 pm

Knights Inquisitor wrote:We seem to have decided on a Prime Ministerial style of Executive structure, with said Executive being elected, with terms of office yet to be decided, having yet to be determined Executive Powers. Am I right?

So what sorts of powers should the Prime Minister have? And what should be the normal term of office?

As previously stated, I'm in favour of making the PM the only person who can introduce new legislation for consideration, just as Cool Egg is currently the one who puts WA legislation polls up for us now. The term could be something in the range of a few weeks, and the general assembly can simply vote on a poll for the next PM once they put themselves into the race.

I know that limiting legislation introduction to the PM will be a cause for concern, but I like it because it necessitates real political negotiations. If you want legislation introduced that does X, the current PM may refuse to introduce it until you modify it to include certain clauses or whatever. If you don't like those terms, you could work to have him/her deposed during the next round of elections.

Jerksborough

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:38 pm

That is a pretty cool system you laied out Jerksborough, however i invite you to take a look at the link i have provided, which will take you to the part of the forum where i already have posted the section that outlines the executive branch:

Executive Thread

i would also appreciate your feedback on it, and if you find anything that you think could be cleard up, or where improvements can be made to the structore of the section!
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2