the structore of our government

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

the structore of our government

Post  Serenel on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:31 pm

So we must first start off with how we want our government to be structored.

i am all for the simple, but brilliant structore of having an Executive, Legislative, and Judicial, all seperate, with their own powers.

any one have any other ideas to debate?
Serenel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the structore of our government

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:41 pm

I think this standard, yet appropriate, idea is most likely the best we will encounter. While allowing for the most participation, from a regional standpoint, this system also allows for the 'checks and balances' so often touted regarding the 3-branch US gov't.

I am all for the legislative / executive / judicial setup...
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

a ?

Post  Architektonikon on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:38 pm

I am familiar with the States' system. How would those three branches work here on nation states?
Architektonikon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:44 pm

well that would be up to us, i have ideas for each branch, and we have many ways we can do things.

we can have bi-camerial legislatore, or a uni-camerial one, we can have a legislator where everyone is involved, or one where a select few are involved.

we can have an executive that is entirely elected, we can have just one elected position, and then they appoint a cabinet, with our with out consent, i mean the whole world is open.

also all of this will be discussed in depth, i just want to see if we can get a consensus of if this is what we want in our government.

we shouldnt debate the particulars too much in this forum, so we dont get too dis-organized.
Serenel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:50 pm

Well, I would prefer to have a universally representative legislature, therefore it can be truly representative of all nations in the region. Either that or it would become bogged down and utterly inefficient.

Secondly, I think the most efficient manner for the Executive branch would be to elect a 'Prime Minister' and have him/her appoint their cabinet positions. Then the questions is how large a cabinet are we talking?
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:18 am

well i do not want to go into depth here.

each branch, will get its very own forum to disscuss the different issues with in that branch, so we can keep things tidy, if we all just post about everything information will get lost, and we dont want that.

this is just a topic to agree on the skeleton of our government as it were, we are just pre-treating the road, we will lay the foundation soon.

but i like your ideas, and cant wait to discuss them when the time comes.
Serenel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbia Station on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:11 pm

I like having the Prime Minster with appointing cabinet people.Maybe we could have the Prime Minster appoint 4 or 6 people and have it grow by two positions per 50 new nations?

Columbia Station

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:59 pm

That is an idea with some merit.

however i would personally caution against putting such a clause in our constitution for this reason:

50 new nations to our region does not necessarily constitute 50 new nations to our forums, and the forum is really where the government takes place, and is what really drives a region and is its life blood.

sometimes regions get 70 new nations, but maybe only 3 join the forums, and then out of those three your lucky if one of them is active and participates.

so i would suggest an alternative measure that would allow, either the Prime Minister, or the Assembly to establish or destroy departments at their leasure.

or maybe we could in the constitution mandate like four departments (Defense, State, Immigration, & Internal) and any other department could be est by either Prime Minister or legislature.

my personal opinion, i think we should allow the Prime Minister, or whatever head of the Executive to create and or destroy what ever department at his/her leasure through the act of an executive order.

however i do beg that we wait for this debate, it is great and i love it, but i just want to see if we have a consensus on the three branches, and then each branch will get its own forum, so we can have a more organized discussion.
Serenel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:33 pm

I like the idea of a tricameral legislature, and a virtually powerless executive and a judicial system that is somewhat lacking. Legislature would be led by a Prime Minister with a Cabinet and the Upper House would be the High Chambers (or whatever) and would consist of Quorum of leaders of various political parties in the region who will have almost no authority in Parliament (or whatever). Next, the Middle House, would be the Senate (or whatever) and would consist of all WA Member Nations. And finally the Lower House, the Citizenry (or whatever) and would consist of everyone else.

Again, I believe the Founder should be a powerless region-unifying figurehead. (perhaps he could have emergancy powers, ie if the Executive leader declares it needed)

PRIME MINISTER has the authority to dissolve Parliament at anytime but the Citizenry has the right and duty to bring forth a Vote of No Confidence regarding the Prime Minister.

tongue ---(I want to wear the Papal Tiara)--- tongue
Anglenburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:39 pm

That all has merit.

okay, so it seems like we have a good consensus with in the region that we would like to have a three branch type of government, i will now create a forum to discuss each branch.

Serenel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:43 pm

Cool beans, EVERYONE make sure to read this thread. Then move on to the discussions for each branch of government. Thanks for your participation, everyone!
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  United Midwest on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:19 am

I like Anglenburgh's idea. It goes along with my own governemnt up to the point that my place as Central Speaker is a non-voting point unless there is a tie in a vote of the members of my Ruling Council. And, the vote of no confidence can be called for by the people or a member of the Ruling Council at any time.

United Midwest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:24 am

Central Speaker Berard wrote:I like Anglenburgh's idea. It goes along with my own governemnt up to the point that my place as Central Speaker is a non-voting point unless there is a tie in a vote of the members of my Ruling Council. And, the vote of no confidence can be called for by the people or a member of the Ruling Council at any time.

did you mean his idea of a Tricamerial legislature?

well if you did i would invite you over to the Legislative forum where we are debating that very issue.

however i think we already have it trimmed down to a bicamerial or unicamerial system.
Serenel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  River on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:05 pm

We're down to Unicameral, I believe.
River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:55 pm

Are we? Dang, I am lost lol I've been a little disgruntled this week Very Happy
Anglenburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A great fear.

Post  Architektonikon on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:25 pm

I am afraid of over complication; that is, if the gov is so complicated, participation will die out. If there are a lot of positions, a lot rides on them being active and held properly. What I suggest is that we start with a sort of democratic monarchy. KEEP IT SIMPLE. Every nation is a parliament member and the WA delegate is the president or monarch. On here we can discuss political issues that are current or may become current to the WA. How the pres., or monarch, or representative is chosen is through endorsements. Thus, no real election is really necessary. It just happens, and if you do not agree with the delegate, then you have an open forum to discuss why or try to persuade him/her. Is this not what a democracy means? Let the ideas flow and it will check itself. Maybe I am just not looking at this as role playing, if that is the point of this. But, the branches of gov that exist in the real world are pointless here. We want WA influence; is this not our essence?
Architektonikon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:31 pm

well i think we are already all on board that the Dele holds not official title in our regional government and will always be expected to be the founder, CES, and be free to administer the WA duties as he sees fit.

as for simplicity, i could not agree more, however the way people get involved, and feel attachment to this region is by having something to do when they log on.

whether it being debating legislation on the Assembly floor, voting for legislation, being a cabinet member, or undersecretary, or campagining.

this can tend to lead to things being somewhat complicated, but with an attentive administration, and forum mates, new comers can be helped along most easily, and shown ways to get invovled, and bam, they are right in the middle of things.

Serenel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Delegate has nothing to do with the Executive. Delegate is merely a rep to the WA for the region, completely separate from the Exec.

We will be electing a Prime Minister / Pres / Premier that will hold the highest executive office. Currently, that is the only 'elected' office that we have decided on.

The President will appoint his/her cabinet, and the Founder will appoint the Chief Justice to be approved by the Assembly.

Not very complicated.

~Teh Dirty South Boss geek
(Founder)
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:30 pm

From what I understand our regional government isn't complicated at all.
Anglenburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  River on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Simplicity in itself. Very Happy
River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Architektonikon on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:46 am

that seems simple, but what about the other branches and their roles. This is the over complication I am worried about. What is the role of the delegate vs the pres? What if the delegate and the pres disagree on an issue to vote on in the WA? Does the pres overrule?
Architektonikon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knights Inquisitor on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:12 am

In the case of Delegate vs. President, I would think either President overrules, or submit the issue to the Assembly. However, submitting such issues to the Assembly could result in the issue being bogged down in endless debate. It seems to me the position of Delegate is merely an Ambassador to the WA. Do Ambassadors usually get to openly disagree with Presidents?
Knights Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  River on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:14 pm

rbaumill wrote:that seems simple, but what about the other branches and their roles. This is the over complication I am worried about. What is the role of the delegate vs the pres? What if the delegate and the pres disagree on an issue to vote on in the WA? Does the pres overrule?
The Delegate poses the WA Resolution as a poll to the Citizens of the region and votes their decision. The Chief Executive has a vote in that process, but does not have a veto of the results. Their is a time constraint for voting on the resolutions an to have the citizens vote to override a veto would cause the window of opportunity to pass.
River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:18 pm

River is right.

the WA dele has no power in the exec office.

the only power he has is in administering the WA duties appointed to him by the NS game.

of course the Pres can not over rule the Dele, because the Dele can administer the duties as he sees fit according to the constitution.

the seems pretty simple to me.

and the power of the other branches are pretty straight foreward, just like in RL.

Executive enforces the law

Legislative makes the law

Judicial Interprets the law

poli sci 101.
Serenel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:51 pm

I have a quick question about how we will go about the election process for WA Delegates. Is it going to be a simple, once a certain amount of time we hold a vote and whoever wins that's who we all endorse, or is it going to be a random, endorse who you want and then they get the power if the win? As in it being random and open to change throughout the course of the rest of the government's terms?
Anglenburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum