The Dirty Dirty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The role of the WA Delegate

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The role of the WA Delegate Empty The role of the WA Delegate

Post  Serenel Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:21 am

Here we can discuss how we want to handle the position of the WA delegate.

there seems to be some talk of letting the founder be the delegate, to where we wouldnt have an election for it, but there are also other possibilities of well.

what do you guys think?
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

The role of the WA Delegate Empty Re: The role of the WA Delegate

Post  Anglenburgh Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:44 am

merely an ambassador for the WA. Simple referendum decides how he/she will vote on proposals and repeals. An election after a preset term will name the new WA (a type of 'fourth' branch of the government)
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:47 am

As currently holding both of those positions (there is nothing I can do to relinquish Founder, that would be silly for all involved) I would obviously like to maintain office in both positions.

I don't believe, however, that the WA Delegate should hold power, per se, in any section of the regional government in his role as Delegate. That is not to say that the Delegate cannot also hold additional elected offices, as the role in the WA is minimal at best.

I will, of course, leave this up to consensus within the region. I just feel that since I already participate alot in the World Assembly, and the system is FAIR to begin with, there is little need for change in the current system.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:51 am

I personally believe that the WA Delegate should NOT be able to hold any other position in the government, such as the High Elector in the College of Cardinals in the Vatican. That position is known as the Title Without the Crown (or something like that) meaning he can never be named Pope, unless he relinquishes his position as High Elector.

Furthermore, I think the WA Delegate should be a servant of the people, perhaps serve at their will and literally have no official election and just let the endorsement system do its job...
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:14 am

I would be against barring the WA delegate in any form to not being able to hold any other position.

just because our community is always so small, the need for cross over is usually always present.

also from a security stand point i would warn against 'letting the endorsement system do its job', even though we have a founder, we want to be prepared for a day when someday we may not have a founder, and in such a senerio the WA del is a very important position, and one where you can not just 'let the endorsement system do its job'.

Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:14 am

Anglenburgh wrote:I personally believe that the WA Delegate should NOT be able to hold any other position in the government, such as the High Elector in the College of Cardinals in the Vatican. That position is known as the Title Without the Crown (or something like that) meaning he can never be named Pope, unless he relinquishes his position as High Elector.

Furthermore, I think the WA Delegate should be a servant of the people, perhaps serve at their will and literally have no official election and just let the endorsement system do its job...

Well, at the moment I feel that I am a damn good servant of the people. I decided, on my own, to implement a system where all nations have say in determining the region's position on WA issues. Furthermore, I have done quite a bit of work (along with others) to establish this region, and if I were unable to run for 'other' political office, I feel that would be unfair to a dedicated civil servant of The Dirty South. I understand it goes against a principle of democratic representation, but the WA Delegate currently has now power, and unless the office were to receive "real" political power, then I see no reason why the Delegate cannot hold additional political offices.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  River Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:19 pm

I feel that the WA Delegate should be barred from access to the regional controls. A much safer condition for all concerned.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:15 pm

River wrote:I feel that the WA Delegate should be barred from access to the regional controls. A much safer condition for all concerned.

That is the case currently, I have all regional control consolidated within the Founder. This is to protect against raids, overzealous delegates, and the like...
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:12 pm

I am fine with that.

i dont necessarily think it means anything, or should be included in the constitution, but its something i can go along with.

i dont think it means anything because we have an active founder, so whether the dele has regional control or not it doesnt really matter, and unless we get a plannter invader spy who gathers influence, they wont be able to boot anyone if they are dele anyways.

however i would suggest legislation for this, but just my suggestion.

i am generally in favor of a bone and skeleton constitution, and allowing the peoples assembly the power to put the meat on.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:40 pm

I like that expression, Bone and Skeleton Constitution. Although those types usually cause some problems for the countries they belong to.
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  River Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:06 am

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:
River wrote:I feel that the WA Delegate should be barred from access to the regional controls. A much safer condition for all concerned.

That is the case currently, I have all regional control consolidated within the Founder. This is to protect against raids, overzealous delegates, and the like...

You, I love. *gives CES huggies* The role of the WA Delegate Hug
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:52 pm

River wrote:
Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:

Well, it's mainly just because I can't trust myself.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  River Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:
River wrote:
Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:

Well, it's mainly just because I can't trust myself.

The role of the WA Delegate Rofl2
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:43 am

So please someone correct me if i am wrong, but are we all on board to letting Cool Eggs be the WA Delegate, plus hold one other elected office seeing as how the WA dele will have no other executive power save to administer the WA duties.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  River Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:50 am

I'm good with it. May CES serve forever, imho.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:26 pm

I am okay with that also Smile

P.S. what the heck is CES? --> NEVER MIND Smile It's Cool Egg Sandwich (:

Last edited by Anglenburgh on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Knights Inquisitor Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:00 pm

I am not against letting the WA Delegate hold additional offices, considering the current decision is made to limit the Delegate's role to solely be this nation's Ambassador to the WA. Let CES continue to be Delegate for as long the people of The Dirty South, represented by the Assembly, find no fault with his performance as such. He has my full confidence and support.
Knights Inquisitor
Knights Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  River Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:57 pm

Hear, Hear. Very Happy
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:19 pm

I really do thank all of you guys / gals for your support as WA Delegate.

My goal was to make the Delegate represent The Dirty South, and to vote as the majority of the region sees fit. Currently the only real authority the Delegate holds over the vote process is in the event of a tie-break scenario, in which case I will cast my vote according to my own beliefs on the resolution.

Otherwise, I just want to represent the region accurately and effectively, and do so in a reliable manner. Thanks for encouraging me to accomplish these goals Smile
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  River Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:22 pm

You have our support even if we disagree at times. Very Happy
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:32 pm

River wrote:You have our support even if we disagree at times. Very Happy

We really do enjoy having you as part of The Dirty South.

You are always eager to express your opinions in a polite, concise manner. While I must admit there are times when members of the region will disagree with my politics, or the like, but we need to get through the situation via debate.

My main goal is just to serve the wishes of the region, and that includes you, River.
I'm very, very glad you decided to make The Dirty South your home away from home, in the NationStates world.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  River Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:47 am

Thank you. It is indeed a pleasure to be here. Very Happy
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm

I would like to present a Motion for The Dirty South, as a region, to refrain from participating in the World Assembly: Security Council.

Quite frankly, it's a joke. I don't really see any purpose for commending / condemning specific nations/regions within the NationStates multiverse. It only serves to pad egos and make others feel unliked or unwanted.

Therefore, I propose the "official" stance of The Dirty South should be to refrain from participation in the Security Council. As a point of clarity, individual member nations will be able to vote in the Security Council if they so choose, but I feel that holding an official poll/vote is unnecessary, and a waste of administrative time and effort.

Thoughts?
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:50 pm

What about when it comes to liberating another region that was hostially taken over?

would we, as a region boycott that as well?

just curious what your thoughts were on that.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:54 pm

Serenel wrote:What about when it comes to liberating another region that was hostially taken over?

would we, as a region boycott that as well?

just curious what your thoughts were on that.

No, I don't think the two are necessarily connected. I feel that The Dirty South, when capable, should participate in liberation efforts, provided the Assembly approves the undertaking.

I do not, however, think that it is a crucial function of our government to participate in the "Condemn / Commend" system, that mostly exists for the sole purpose of a shiny little badge on your nation page.

This should not be taken as a sign on neutrality, or isolationist thought. If our 'future' military has the capability to partake in 'peacekeeping' liberation efforts, I would want that possibility to be explored, but I feel the needless act of labeling certain nations "heroes and villains" is not only senseless, but is essentially breaking the "Fourth Wall" of the virtual community.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next