The Dirty Dirty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Role of the Founder

+2
Cool Egg Sandwich
Serenel
6 posters

Go down

The Role of the Founder Empty The Role of the Founder

Post  Serenel Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:43 pm

So here we will discuss what we believe the role of the founder should be in our region.

many regions have tackled this many ways, from the founder having no authority for the sake of being the founder, and the flip side of the founder being a king just for the sake of being the founder, and everything in between.

so what do we want from our founder?

i have a few ideas, but first i think the Founder, Cool Eggs, should say how he feels, and then work from there.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

The Role of the Founder Empty Re: The Role of the Founder

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:02 pm

Well, as many of you know I have the roles of Delegate / Founder currently, and I really have no strong feelings on how much power the Founder should have within the region.

I would be okay with a Ceremonial status, leaving discretion open for 'defense' purposes. I am sure many of you know, and the rest will come to realize, the Founder is the best line of defense against raiding. I do not, however, think that the Founder should have ultimate authority, or anything close to it.

Edit: Basically, I have all the authority and it simply isn't fair to all the good people of the region...

Rgds.,
Cool Egg / Dirty South Boss (Dylan)
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:50 pm

Well the cool thing is, is our options are pretty much limitless.

What is really gonna have to drive the bus here, is your desire.

I know you probably want some sort of slight power as founder.

well do you want that power to lie in the executive, legislative, or judicial?

i thought a neat idea, if we do go ahead with having three banches, and judicial being one of them, that you would be able to choose a candidate for Cheif Justice, that the legislative body would approve.

but if you dont like that idea, and wanted a more executive role, maybe you could have something esk to being the commander and cheif of our military when that gets formed.

we would still have a civilian government, but you would be the head of the military.

iunno just spit balling here, did you have any thoughts? what about anyone else? really the whole world is wide open to us here, no idea is stupid or not worth debate.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:07 pm

I wouldn't mind having the Founder have some sort of ceremonial judicial role. As you mentioned, possibly appointing chief justice to be approved by leg. body.

Of course this would be in addition to 'emergency' executive authority. But that should only be in circumstances of raids.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shelaqua Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:13 pm

From a new nation's point of view, I think the Founder should have the same role as a monarch in a constitutional monarchy. Powerful but limited. The Delegate can act as the Prime Minister.

Shelaqua

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:15 pm

hmm, well that is certianly an idea.

however that would lead us down the role of British government, something that has been widley over done in NS, but if everyone kind of liked the idea, and the founder wanted that, we could give it a go, and try to add our own personal touch to it.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:20 pm

Well, as I am sure Shelaqua has read the previous posts, he is aware that I am actuall both the Delegate and the Founder. With this, problems obviously arise. I will leave it to the rest of the region to decide how they feel about it, and will react as such.

As for the 'British' monarchical model, I am not really sure about power vested in the Founder, for the reason I mentioned above. Perhaps the personal touch would be that the Delegate acts as 'high executive' with authority limited by other executive officers and a legislative body. Then perhaps the Founder could assume the 'ceremonial' head of the judicial body.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:24 pm

also something that we may want to take into account is do we want our regional head of state to be the Delegate?

my personal opinion is no.

sometimes people want to run for government, but they just simply do not want to deal with the WA, why should we pass up on a good candidate for that?

also another thing to consider is that whom ever is our head of state will most likely be the commander and cheif of our military, which means they will be leading our troops, which means their WA nation will be ever changing, they couldnt let it just be the one nation they have in the region.

maybe what we can do here, just a suggestion, is the founder can have that judicial power i talked about earlier, and the founder can also be the WA delegate, and handle the gatehring of the votes, and the like for that stuff....
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:41 pm

Ok, that sounds good actually. Delegate is just representative to the WA, essentially our Ambassador to the World Assembly.

Head of state should be a completely separate office, methinks. I really have no interest in supreme authority, I want to represent the region in the WA.

please elaborate on the system you were talking about using in your last post, Serenel.

Rgds.,
Cool Egg / Dirty South Boss (Dylan)
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:47 pm

well the system is simple.

you would chose a candidate to be the Cheif Justice, and it would be approved by our legislatore in a simple majority vote.

then you would also be the WA delegate, and the constitution would give you free reign sort to speak to set up that institution the way you wish, i would imagine you would do something akin to what we have right now, a debate on the issues, and a free poll, and the like.

i hope that answered your question, if not i apologize and ask for clarification so i can attempt to better answer your question.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:52 pm

Serenel wrote:well the system is simple.

you would chose a candidate to be the Cheif Justice, and it would be approved by our legislatore in a simple majority vote.

then you would also be the WA delegate, and the constitution would give you free reign sort to speak to set up that institution the way you wish, i would imagine you would do something akin to what we have right now, a debate on the issues, and a free poll, and the like.

i hope that answered your question, if not i apologize and ask for clarification so i can attempt to better answer your question.

Sounds perfect, let's leave it open now to see what others think...
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:24 pm

I am in favor of a powerless figurehead established for the pure purpose of being a central and unifying symbol for all nations of the Dirty South.
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:44 pm

Anglenburgh wrote:I am in favor of a powerless figurehead established for the pure purpose of being a central and unifying symbol for all nations of the Dirty South.

As the current Founder, and Delegate, I can definitely support a stipulation such as this. Founder should most likely be a 'figurehead' with emergency powers, in special circumstances which we can define later.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  River Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:04 pm

You guys do what ever you want, but I have a suggestion to make which I learned after shedding many tears over. While the founder has all good intentions of being here forever, events and IRL conspire. The founder goes inactive and then CTE's. Now the region is open to attack.

What many regions have now done is to have the founder's PW held by a committee of the most trusted. In Westminster governments this group is usually called the Peers. It could be the Forum Admins, or whomever you choose. There is usually an Admin only, forum where the Founders PW is stored so that it can be accessed in times of emergency.

I hope that you will consider this suggestion to save the region grief further down the road.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:15 pm

I like the idea, River. I am definitely willing to divulge the information if we deem that is the best course of action.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:12 pm

I definitely like this suggestion Smile thank you River!
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:33 am

That is exactly something i was considering for when/if our founder goes inactive, however i do not believe it needs to be included in the constitution, and was going to suggest, once our government is formed the legislature make that priority legislation to pass.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  River Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:44 am

Usually there is a statement under the "Founder" title of the Constitution that goes...
The Founder of the region, The Dirty South, is Teh Dirty South Boss, locum of Cool Egg Sandwich and is administered by Cool Egg Sandwich and ***(insert group name here***".
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Knights Inquisitor Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:50 pm

I concur with River on the issue of the Founder's PW being kept with trusted individuals.
As to the Founder's role, I believe it should be largely ceremonial, closer to Japan's emperor, who is "the symbol of the state and of the unity of the people". Aside from exercising the power to deal with raids and/or invasions from hostile nations and nominating Chief Justices, the Founder should have only ceremonial powers.
Knights Inquisitor
Knights Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:01 pm

Knights Inquisitor wrote:I concur with River on the issue of the Founder's PW being kept with trusted individuals.
As to the Founder's role, I believe it should be largely ceremonial, closer to Japan's emperor, who is "the symbol of the state and of the unity of the people". Aside from exercising the power to deal with raids and/or invasions from hostile nations and nominating Chief Justices, the Founder should have only ceremonial powers.

This is pretty much the consensus where we find ourselves. Thanks for your input, everyone.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down