The Dirty Dirty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Assembly: "REPEAL Universal Standard Time Act"

5 posters

Go down

How should the regional delegate vote on General Assembly Resolution: "Repeal Universal Standard Time Act"?

General Assembly: "REPEAL Universal Standard Time Act" Vote_lcap0%General Assembly: "REPEAL Universal Standard Time Act" Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
General Assembly: "REPEAL Universal Standard Time Act" Vote_lcap100%General Assembly: "REPEAL Universal Standard Time Act" Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

General Assembly: "REPEAL Universal Standard Time Act" Empty General Assembly: "REPEAL Universal Standard Time Act"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:29 am

Here is where we will debate the current General Assembly Resolution: "Repeal: Universal Standard Time Act".

This resolution is basically an insta-repeal of the "Universal Standard Time Act", which was passed last week by a rather large margin.

A link to the proposal can be found Here.

Also attached is a poll question which will serve to dictate my Delegate vote in the World Assembly.

With that, I will cede the floor to your arguments For / Against this proposal.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

General Assembly: "REPEAL Universal Standard Time Act" Empty Re: General Assembly: "REPEAL Universal Standard Time Act"

Post  TheRonald Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:21 pm

It seems to me that without a universal standard time, different nations would then have different concepts of what makes up a day, month, year...this seems like it would effect international trade and other interactions between regions and nations as we would all be on different pages as to when something is to happen. I dunno, it just seems like it would cause confusion to not have some sort of universal standard for the purpose of international interactions.

TheRonald

Back to top Go down

General Assembly: "REPEAL Universal Standard Time Act" Empty Re: General Assembly: "REPEAL Universal Standard Time Act"

Post  Anglenburgh Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:57 pm

My WA nation campaigned so hard to get this thing passed in the first place, if it gets repealed I will have to go on a head-hunt! Who's with me?! Twisted Evil
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Knights Inquisitor Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:16 am

Nobody hunts heads better than the Spanish Inquisition! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
I say no to the motion to repeal.
Knights Inquisitor
Knights Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorina Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:26 pm

I'm against it. I think that if it was just passed a week or so ago, it shouldn't be immediately repealed. They should give it some more time to develop in the nations, then propose this. So, I'm against.
Rorina
Rorina

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:49 pm

Rorina wrote:I'm against it. I think that if it was just passed a week or so ago, it shouldn't be immediately repealed. They should give it some more time to develop in the nations, then propose this. So, I'm against.

Hey Rorina, some very exciting things are happening all around you in TDS Forums. I hope you will visit the Constitutional Convention section, and offer your opinions on the style of government we should operate, our "natural" rights as nations, and much more....
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:17 am

Passed....
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down