The Dirty Dirty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Assembly: Military Freedom Act (VOTE)

3 posters

Go down

How should the regional delegate vote on General Assembly Resolution: "Military Freedom Act"?

General Assembly: Military Freedom Act (VOTE) Vote_lcap50%General Assembly: Military Freedom Act (VOTE) Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
General Assembly: Military Freedom Act (VOTE) Vote_lcap50%General Assembly: Military Freedom Act (VOTE) Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

General Assembly: Military Freedom Act (VOTE) Empty General Assembly: Military Freedom Act (VOTE)

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:06 am

Here is where we will discuss and debate arguments For / Against the current Resolution on The General Assembly Floor. The Resolution is titled, "Military Freedom Act", and deals with national rights of a citizen's right of conscientious objection to military service. A link to the General Assembly page, and the Resolution can be foundHERE.

Also attached is a poll where you will cast your votes, determining how the Delegate will cast his vote.

With that, I will cede the floor to your arguments regarding the current GA Resolution: "Military Freedom Act".

The Little Green Ghouls of Cool Egg Sandwich, WA Delegate
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

General Assembly: Military Freedom Act (VOTE) Empty Undecided

Post  Genoca Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:34 am

The main opposition to this appears to be coming from highly militaristic nations feeling a threat to their mandatory military service or to conscription.

The other opposition, which is minor, is in disagreement over ยง1b; specifically the underlined segment below.

1b) Objection to a specific war shall be considered valid if the war is one of aggression as defined below, or the objector is within two degrees of consanguinity of any citizen of the opposing nation's military.

None of these concern myself terribly much. I do wonder, however, is the World Assembly is within its rights to legislate on military service like these or is it overstepping its bounds?
Genoca
Genoca

Back to top Go down

General Assembly: Military Freedom Act (VOTE) Empty Re: General Assembly: Military Freedom Act (VOTE)

Post  River Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:46 pm

All I can say is...
General Assembly: Military Freedom Act (VOTE) Edvard-munch-scream
River
River

Back to top Go down

General Assembly: Military Freedom Act (VOTE) Empty vote

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:25 pm

As this vote is currently tied at the time of the voting deadline, I will be casting my vote For this resolution. I am a staunch believer that individuals within WA member nations should have the inalienable right to abstain from combative conflicts within their respective military units.

I hope this resolution will serve to allow individuals to determine their own involvement in all conflicts in which their government / military is involved.

Sincerely,
The Little Green Ghouls of Cool Egg Sandwich, WA Delegate
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

General Assembly: Military Freedom Act (VOTE) Empty Re: General Assembly: Military Freedom Act (VOTE)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down