The Dirty Dirty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Assembly: "REPEAL Space Research Station Program"

Go down

How should the regional delegate vote on General Assembly Resolution " Repeal Space Research Station Program"?

General Assembly: "REPEAL Space Research Station Program" Vote_lcap100%General Assembly: "REPEAL Space Research Station Program" Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 3 ]
General Assembly: "REPEAL Space Research Station Program" Vote_lcap0%General Assembly: "REPEAL Space Research Station Program" Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

General Assembly: "REPEAL Space Research Station Program" Empty General Assembly: "REPEAL Space Research Station Program"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:21 am

Here is where we will debate the current WA General Assembly Resolution: "Repeal Space Research Station Program". This resolution is a repeal of formerly passed legislation which established a WASRS, and a WA Space Station among other things.

A link to the Resolution can be found Here.

Also attached is a poll question which will serve to determine my Delegate vote in the World Assembly.

With that I will cede the floor to your arguments For/Against this Resolution.

Rgds.,
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

General Assembly: "REPEAL Space Research Station Program" Empty Re: General Assembly: "REPEAL Space Research Station Program"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:25 am

I am of the opinion that this is a pretty sound repeal. The legislation, while noble in its cause, is incredibly inefficient.

The repeal calls into question the WASRS's ability adequately fund itself, since the donation is not compulsory.

Further, the WASRS only establishes one Space station for over 12,000 WA member nations. Hardly seems practical to me that every nation would get adequate usage of the facilities, if at all.

Also, I am of the opinion that some nations do not need to experience space, and it isn't the World Assembly's job to 'hold the hands' of poorer nations into space. The technology / knowledge gained through space exploration can be shared with other nations without funding trips to space for all WA members.

This repeal seems like an incredibly great idea, getting a senseless money-sinking program [that accomplishes very little] off the books.

Therefore, I am FOR this Repeal.

Rgds.,
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

General Assembly: "REPEAL Space Research Station Program" Empty Re: General Assembly: "REPEAL Space Research Station Program"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:36 am

Passed...
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down