The Dirty Dirty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Election process, and time frame

+3
Anglenburgh
Cool Egg Sandwich
Serenel
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Election process, and time frame - Page 2 Empty Re: The Election process, and time frame

Post  River Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:04 pm

Which they will as people here begin to interact with each other.
River
River

Back to top Go down

The Election process, and time frame - Page 2 Empty Re: The Election process, and time frame

Post  Knights Inquisitor Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:19 am

Exactly, and likely before too long.
Knights Inquisitor
Knights Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:32 am

okay, i think we have kind of gone off track a little bit, of what the intension of this thread was suppose to be.

the election of our head of state.

i propose this:

Three days to nominate, and you must declare your runningmate with in that time frame, and then Seven Days of Campagining/Debates/Voting.

that makes for a 10 day affair.

and the reason why i say 3 days to nominate and declare your running mate, is because if you are going to lead this region, you better be active enough to do that.

Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:45 am

Serenel wrote:okay, i think we have kind of gone off track a little bit, of what the intension of this thread was suppose to be.

the election of our head of state.

i propose this:

Three days to nominate, and you must declare your runningmate with in that time frame, and then Seven Days of Campagining/Debates/Voting.

that makes for a 10 day affair.

and the reason why i say 3 days to nominate and declare your running mate, is because if you are going to lead this region, you better be active enough to do that.

I have no problems with any part of this proposed system. 10 days seems like more than adequate time to declare candidacy [with running mate], campaign / debate, and vote.

I am 100% for this system.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  River Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:24 am

I will agree to this. Very Happy
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Knights Inquisitor Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:43 am

Seconded.
Knights Inquisitor
Knights Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Thirded. Laughing
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:11 pm

great, looks like we have pretty much reached unanimuos consent. Very Happy
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Architektonikon Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:23 pm

I agree with the proposed system. As for political parties, like i have suggested elsewhere, you cannot banish or forbid them. If you want a democracy, they will just happen (at least in the real world). I do not think we should establish them officially, but rather just let them come about if they do.
Architektonikon
Architektonikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:01 pm

rbaumill wrote:I agree with the proposed system. As for political parties, like i have suggested elsewhere, you cannot banish or forbid them. If you want a democracy, they will just happen (at least in the real world). I do not think we should establish them officially, but rather just let them come about if they do.

Spoken like a true genius. We don't want to explicitly encourage political parties and their factions, but to discourage them would be undemocratic.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:41 pm

It would be far more efficient if we, once the political party is formed, we give them a concrete spot within the forums. If not it would be completely ridiculous... A secret system lived through PM's and Telegrams... ugh
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:03 pm

we must be careful not to confuse political factions with political parties.

political factions will indeed occur naturally.

however political parties are entities that are recgonized by the state.

as such, if political factions do become prominant, there will be a push to codify procedure to formalize the faction and give them a seperate and private area on the forum, where they will then become a political party.

Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:16 pm

Serenel wrote:we must be careful not to confuse political factions with political parties.

political factions will indeed occur naturally.

however political parties are entities that are recgonized by the state.

as such, if political factions do become prominant, there will be a push to codify procedure to formalize the faction and give them a seperate and private area on the forum, where they will then become a political party.

Also factions will occur within political parties themselves, causing those parties to branch off into sub-parties. This process has the potential to continue on forever, until you are left with myriad parties to choose from.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:23 pm

yea, but i doubt too many political parties will spur into two seperate political parties.

there of course will be some in-fighting, but that is, i would assume, up to the party to handle as they see fit.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:33 pm

Serenel wrote:yea, but i doubt too many political parties will spur into two seperate political parties.

there of course will be some in-fighting, but that is, i would assume, up to the party to handle as they see fit.

Yeah, I know that it would require a lot more activity in order for that kind of situation, but if we had say 1,000 nations in TDS it would be a possibility.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:46 pm

That would be great Smile
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:39 pm

Anglenburgh wrote:That would be great Smile

Well, if you want to start recruiting hard-core, I would greatly appreciate it.

Currently, I am the only one recruiting on a regular basis, and it gets pretty exhausting. Hours upon hours of telegrams sent to new nations and what not. Gets old.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:54 pm

Recruiting is very key to the growth of a region.

however i do have some tricks up my sleeve to maybe get some good members, a little easier.

also i have always said, and i always will say, i would rather be in a region that has 25 nations in it, with 15 active on the forum, then a region with 200 nations and only 5 people active on the forum.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:09 pm

Serenel wrote:Recruiting is very key to the growth of a region.

however i do have some tricks up my sleeve to maybe get some good members, a little easier.

also i have always said, and i always will say, i would rather be in a region that has 25 nations in it, with 15 active on the forum, then a region with 200 nations and only 5 people active on the forum.

Yeah, that is why I try to dedicate attention to new members. If people feel empowered early on, and understand that they have an important voice in the region, then they are much more inclined to be active for a long period of time.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:40 pm

I agree with both of your statements, but I've had some horrible experiences with making the newer nations feel, too empowered lol
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2