The Dirty Dirty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removal from office

3 posters

Go down

Removal from office Empty Removal from office

Post  Serenel Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:11 pm

So what mechinisim should we have to removed a Premier from office if the Assembly sees the need to?

I say we have an 'impeachment' esk setting, rather then a simplier 'vote of no confidence'.

because the Premier is not an Assembly member, it is not like a Prime Minister who is part of the Assembly.

so i say we have it so, if a member brings forth 'articles of impeachment' against a sitting Premier, the motion has to pass by a 2/3rds margin.

then the sitting Premier is brought before the Supreme Court where the Cheif Justice will then decide if the Premier is guilty of his actions.

if he finds him not guilty, then he stays in office.

if he finds him guilty, then he is ejected out of Office, and the Deputy Premier steps in (unless the Assembly is also passing articles of impeachment on him as well, and then it would be up to the Chief Justice to decide as well).

what do you guys think?
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Removal from office Empty Re: Removal from office

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:44 pm

Sounds reasonable in regard to our use of the "Presidential" model. I am in agreement with everything put forth.

To clarify, we need to clearly define a procedure [possibly in a different thread] in the event of articles of impeachment being brought up against both the Premier and the DP.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:14 am

I agree that such things should be considered.

however, as i am for more of a smallerish constitution, and such consideration is really the beginings of a possible 'Line of Succession' for the Premiership, i beleive this is a matter for the Assembly to decide, instead of having it carved in stone sort to speak in our constitution.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:26 am

Serenel wrote:I agree that such things should be considered.

however, as i am for more of a smallerish constitution, and such consideration is really the beginings of a possible 'Line of Succession' for the Premiership, i beleive this is a matter for the Assembly to decide, instead of having it carved in stone sort to speak in our constitution.

Very true. I am willing to, as you said earlier in another thread, allow for a more "bone and skeleton constitution". This will make the Assembly much more active in the early going, creating new laws and "filling out" government, so to speak.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:14 am

We have a very... different, governmental system. Don't we? Laughing
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:11 pm

Well, in terms of our executive structure we are taking quite a lot from the American Presidential model.

In terms of our Legislative and Judiciary, I would imagine we are going down the route that many NS regions take.

I am a huge fan of the universally representative unicameral Legislature, since it is streamline, fair, and efficient. I think that is the hallmark of our new government.

Our judiciary, at least in the beginning, will consist of a Chief Justice deciding matters according to our Constitutional and regional law. In the future, the Assembly [that we love so much] will be able to select / "ratify" new Justices to sit with the Chief Justice. These matters, however, will be defined clearly by the Assembly in the event of their necessity.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:40 pm

I feel like this is very funny. We are just throwing a bunch of separate governmental ideologies together but we are altering them to make them work for us.

Anyway, in my opinion Impeachment is far more complicated than a simple Vote of No Confidence. However, I would be willing to accept either.
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:09 pm

Well, that is teh best way to get something unique, mix different ingrediants together and see what comes out fo the oven.

while Impeachment is alot more complicated, i believe it is necessary in this case because the Premier is not part of the Assembly, and is in a way a seperate branch of government all together.

to make the process a VnC, would imply that the Premier is answerable to the legislature, and is thusly not as powerful as the legislature, and thusly the Executive is not an Equal branch to the Legislature.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:37 pm

That is true. I keep overlooking the fact that our Premier is Executive not Legislative... My brain is way fried this week in case you couldn't tell, I need a day off to just sleep Laughing
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum