The Dirty Dirty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill of Rights

5 posters

Go down

Bill of Rights Empty Bill of Rights

Post  Serenel Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:00 am

So i think any good constitution should have some sort of BoR.

i think this list covers the essentials with out being to long, and is specific and striaght to the point while still protecting essential freedoms.

what do you guys think:

Freedom of Religion-

All nation in The Dirty South are free to recognize any/all religion(s) or no religion at all.

National Sovereignty-

Nations in The Dirty South are free to run their country on a domestic level however they wish

Free and Fair Trial-

All Nations in The Dirty South have the right to a trial, will never have to pay for a trial, nor will they be subjected to a judge who has a acute bias, or conflict of interest

Freedom of Election-

no Citizen Nation of The Dirty South will be barred for nominating for an elected office, besides the ones stated specifically in this constitution.

Freedom of Speech-

Nations with in The Dirty South will be free to say their minds, as long as their words are not directly harmful to a neighboring nation, are slander/libel, or a threat to a nations physical or emotional being.

Due Process-

All Citizen Nations of The Dirty South are given the right of due process, as to be treated equally under the law, then any other Citizen Nation.

Representation-

All Nations are granted the right to represent themselves in a court of law, or employee, pro-bono or otherwise, a council to represent them in a court of law

Last edited by Serenel on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Bill of Rights Empty Re: Bill of Rights

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:36 am

Serenel wrote:
Freedom of Speech-

Nations with in The Dirty South will be free to say their minds, as long as their words are not directly harmful to a neighboring nation, are slander/libel, or a threat to a nations physical or emotional being.

Might I propose this instead?

Nations within The Dirty South will be free to speak without limitation, as long as their words are not directly harmful to a neighboring nation, are slanderous/libelous, or are a threat to a nation's physical or emotional well-being.

Also Serenel, there are a number of spelling / grammatical errors. I would be happy to fine-tune it in that respect. Other than the suggestions I made, it's rather good. It does need cleaned up a bit, but just e-mail it to me and I will do that...

Rgds.,
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:40 am

of course, as always feel free to provide whatever edits are necessary.

you can just copy and paste it into a word document.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:38 pm

I like it.
Anglenburgh
Anglenburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  TheRonald Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:35 pm

I like it as well.

TheRonald

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:33 pm

Here is a little cleaned up version of the Bill of Rights...

Freedom of Religion-

All nations in The Dirty South are free to recognize any/all religion(s) or no religion at all.

National Sovereignty-

Nations in The Dirty South are free to run their government(s) on a domestic level however they wish.

Free and Fair Trial-

All Nations in The Dirty South have the right to a trial. Further, nations will never have to pay for a trial, nor will they be subjected to a judge who has an acute bias, or conflict of interest.

Freedom of Election-

No Citizen Nation of The Dirty South will be barred from nomination for an elected office, besides those offices stated specifically in this constitution.

Freedom of Speech-

Nations within The Dirty South will be free to speak without limitation, as long as their words are not directly harmful to a neighboring nation, are slanderous/libelous, or are a threat to a nation's physical or emotional well-being.

Due Process-

All Citizen Nations of The Dirty South are given the right of due process, and are of equal status under the laws of this constitution.

Representation-

All Nations are granted the right to represent themselves in a court of law. Furthermore, nations may employ or enlist legal counsel to represent them in a court of law.

Last edited by Cool Egg Sandwich on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:06 pm

i am really sorry about your post....

this is what i was trying to say before i epically failed:

Free and Fair Trial-

All Nations in The Dirty South have the right to a trial by jury of their peers. Further, nations will never have to pay for a trial, nor will they be subjected to a judge who has an acute bias, or conflict of interest.

I think it looks great.

the only thing that caught my eye is what i quoted and put in bold.

Now there is nothing stoping us from having juries decide the cases instead of a judge, however it is common practice in NS to have a judge be the sole decider.

i have seen a Jury system before, but it was only once, and it was in a Organization of multipule regions, called the Confederacy of Free Regions (COFR), but that org failed miserably and went up in flames....lol but not because of the jury thing i dont think, Very Happy

so i guess it is just something we have to decide on as a region, do we want a jury or the judge making the decisions?
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:08 pm

Meh, I don't think people would really want to be called to sit on juries. Furthermore, if nations were to sit on a permanent jury, that would merely be a collection of Justices.

I'll just rewrite that section.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Basically just leave it the same. Just remove "by a jury of their peers", and we're golden.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Did you see where i fucked up your post?

i dont know if you read over it or not...

but i want to bring your attention to it, if you havent noted it already.
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:28 pm

LOL. It's fine, I have it saved on Word on my computer, I'll re-post there in a minute.

Edit: I have taken care of the issue, Serenel. It is posted in its most updated form.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:37 pm

Thanks CES, sorry again, glad you thought ahead and saved it in word!
Serenel
Serenel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:43 pm

Serenel wrote:Thanks CES, sorry again, glad you thought ahead and saved it in word!

No worries.
Cool Egg Sandwich
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Architektonikon Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:37 pm

Looks good to me
Architektonikon
Architektonikon

Back to top Go down