Legislation Protocol

Go down

Legislation Protocol

Post  River on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:48 am

I would propose the following as the methodology of moving Legislation through the Legislature.
  1. The proposed Act is posted in a pinned thread called "The Speaker's Office".
  2. The Speaker then moves the proposal to the Assembly for "The First Reading".
  3. Debate ensues and the proposal may be amended, withdrawn or dismissed at this point.
  4. On approval from the Assembly, the Speaker moves the proposal to "The Second Reading".
  5. Further debate ensues and the proposal may be further amended, withdrawn or dismissed at this point.
  6. On approval from the Assembly, the Speaker moves the proposal to "The Vote".
  7. The Assembly then votes to approve of dismiss the proposal.
  8. If the proposal passes, the Speaker presents the Legislation to the Prime Minister to sign into Law.
  9. If the proposal is defeated, the Speaker retires the proposal.

River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Legislation Protocol

Post  Knights Inquisitor on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:15 am

If the Prime Minister vetoes the proposal, does it then go back to the Assembly for further debate, pending a vote to override?
Knights Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Knights Inquisitor wrote:If the Prime Minister vetoes the proposal, does it then go back to the Assembly for further debate, pending a vote to override?

Yes.

~Teh Dirty South Boss geek
(Founder)
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  River on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:06 pm

Shall I add that to the Protocol?
River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:26 pm

Personally i am for allowing the individual Speaker to set protocal accoeding to his or her wishes.

also not to mention the idea of a First and Second reading are not necessary in this game seeing as how they only have that in RL because things are submitted to committees and the like.

also legislation usually goes through four or five edits before it is brought to the vote.

i am personally agreeable to a system where there is a forum called the floor.

anyone can post their legislation, it is debated, and revised if need be, as many times as necessary, and then when the author feels s/he has done all they can they ask the Speaker to bring the motion to a vote, where the Speaker then brings the motion to another forum called 'Voting' or something similar, and the Assembly members cast their votes accordingly.

while it may sound complicated, it is really pretty straight foreward in practice.
Serenel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:56 pm

I agree with Serenel but we need to have exact protocol put in place, we can't have every Speaker changing the system to fit his/her own liking.
Anglenburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  River on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:25 pm

Laissez-faire management never succeeds.
River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 pm

River wrote:Laissez-faire management never succeeds.

Sad nope Sad
Anglenburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:52 pm

Laissez-faire implies no government...we are having a government...and i would hope we would elect officials who know what they were doing.

also the process i laied out worked out perfectly in Liberty Alliance, a region i was apart of for two years, we got alot of things done through that way.
Serenel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Serenel wrote:Personally i am for allowing the individual Speaker to set protocal accoeding to his or her wishes.

also not to mention the idea of a First and Second reading are not necessary in this game seeing as how they only have that in RL because things are submitted to committees and the like.

also legislation usually goes through four or five edits before it is brought to the vote.

i am personally agreeable to a system where there is a forum called the floor.

anyone can post their legislation, it is debated, and revised if need be, as many times as necessary, and then when the author feels s/he has done all they can they ask the Speaker to bring the motion to a vote, where the Speaker then brings the motion to another forum called 'Voting' or something similar, and the Assembly members cast their votes accordingly.

while it may sound complicated, it is really pretty straight foreward in practice.

I have read over both protocols rather carefully, and I must say I am in favor of using this system.

Any member of the Assembly can 'post' their legislation in the Forum (Floor). There, it will be debated / revised / edited.

When the legislation is "ready", as deemed by the author of the proposal, the Speaker will administer a Vote.

50%+1 to pass
2/3 to override veto

Win ?

~Teh Dirty South Boss geek
(Founder)
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content