A Great Fear

Go down

A Great Fear

Post  Architektonikon on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:30 pm

I am trying to get into the discussion, but it is a lot to handle all at once. So, maybe this can be an entry point.

The Great Fear: I am afraid of over complication; that is, if the gov is so complicated (too many branches), participation will die out. If there are a lot of positions, a lot rides on them being active and held properly. What I suggest is that we start with a sort of democratic monarchy. KEEP IT SIMPLE. Every nation is a parliament member and the WA delegate is the president or monarch. On here we can discuss political issues that are current or may become current to the WA. How the pres., or monarch, or representative is chosen is through endorsements. Thus, no real election is really necessary. It just happens, and if you do not agree with the delegate, then you have an open forum to discuss why or try to persuade him/her. Is this not what a democracy means? Let the ideas flow and it will check itself. Maybe I am just not looking at this as role playing, if that is the point of this. But, the branches of gov that exist in the real world are pointless here. We want WA influence; is this not our essence?

Let me know what you think!
Architektonikon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Great Fear

Post  Serenel on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:32 pm

re posted from my post in the other thread:

well i think we are already all on board that the Dele holds not official title in our regional government and will always be expected to be the founder, CES, and be free to administer the WA duties as he sees fit.

as for simplicity, i could not agree more, however the way people get involved, and feel attachment to this region is by having something to do when they log on.

whether it being debating legislation on the Assembly floor, voting for legislation, being a cabinet member, or undersecretary, or campagining.

this can tend to lead to things being somewhat complicated, but with an attentive administration, and forum mates, new comers can be helped along most easily, and shown ways to get invovled, and bam, they are right in the middle of things.

Serenel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knights Inquisitor on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:13 am

If we want a more simple start we could try a Elective Monarchy, where the Monarch could have the power to appoint a cabinet, oversee disputes of law alongside Assembly-approved Justices, and possibly Chair the Assembly without having undue influence over its decisions. Just a thought.
Knights Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  River on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:29 am

A Constitutional Monarchy?
River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Architektonikon on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:34 am

Yeah like a sort of arbiter. Or maybe that could be one of the cabinets roles
Architektonikon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knights Inquisitor on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:07 am

Possibly. We could possibly start as Elective Monarchy and make further transitions to other forms of government as time passes, or remain an Elective Monarchy if we feel that the system works. It could potentially simplify things by trimming down the bureaucracy, at least early on.
Knights Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  River on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:20 pm

You will still need the following ministers regardless of the leadership.
  • The Home/Interior Minister/Secretary
  • The Foreign/State Minister/Secretary
  • The Culture Minister/Secretary
  • The Chief Justice
  • The Solicitor General/Attorney General
  • The head of the Regional Militia, whatever we call that position.
River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knights Inquisitor on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Usually in an Elective Monarchy the reigning Monarch fills the position of Chief Justice, officiating alongside Assembly-appointed justices.
Knights Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenel on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:15 pm

Suspect I think we just went through a referendum to have a Prime Minister....i think we already decided as a group to have the WA Dele not involved in the government...

im not for a monarchy...and bueracracy comes in time no matter what government you have.

not to mention you actually want a bit of bueracracy in this game, because you want to give everybody a position usually, so they have a reason to log on and do something, people dont want to just log on to a forum to be 'ruled over' they get enough of that in their RL, they play this game because they want to take part in the decision making process, and play a part in government.
Serenel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anglenburgh on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:54 pm

When we say 'elective monarchy' are we talking hypothetical governments or the one set up and used by the Papacy? Because that is the only country on the planet that uses such a system...
Anglenburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knights Inquisitor on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Malaysia, Cambodia, and several others are also Elective Monarchies, as were several past political entities. And yes, we seem to have decided on a Prime Ministerial system. This could be considered a somewhat speculative conversation.
Knights Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:16 pm

Knights Inquisitor wrote:Malaysia, Cambodia, and several others are also Elective Monarchies, as were several past political entities. And yes, we seem to have decided on a Prime Ministerial system. This could be considered a somewhat speculative conversation.

Indeed, speculative indeed.

~Teh Dirty South Boss geek
(Founder)
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Architektonikon on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:47 pm

Yeah I guess this spiraled out of control. What i meant was something like the prime mister system. I was just curious what the Judicial branch would do aside from mere role play. And the fear of over complication. I was just suggesting that we work up to this and more complicated matters.
Architektonikon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum