General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

How should the regional delegate vote on General Assembly Resolution: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"?

38% 38% 
[ 3 ]
62% 62% 
[ 5 ]
 
Total Votes : 8

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Serenel on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:52 am

That is a false dilema

because there are other alternatives

mainly that it means that the WA is so inconsequential that it didnt effect them.

if a plethera of nation members of the WA have high economies that goes directly against your assertion that the all the best economies in the NS world are non WA members.

avatar
Serenel

Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 29
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:59 am

This is going nowhere. I will admit that the effects are for the most part mild, if you are willing to admit that there are REAL effects on WA member nations, and not non-WA states.

I just want to be done with this, because as far as I can tell I would have a better chance of convincing a cup of coffee to drink me than I would getting you to agree with me.

_________________
~The Little Green Ghouls of Cool Egg Sandwich alien
(WA Delegate / Premier)

~Teh Dirty South Boss geek
(Founder)
avatar
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Posts : 506
Join date : 2011-01-25
Age : 30
Location : City of Champs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Serenel on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:17 am

I just think we have a fundamental difference on our definitions of what 'effect' means as it pertains to this game.

at this point i understand you define an effect as a incease or decrease from one position to another position, no matter how miniscual. (i.e 25% spending on defense, to 26% spending on defense)

however i am assuming this so correct me if i am wrong.

and i just dont think that is really an effect at all...to me its like saying one drop of water has an effect on the ecosystem of the ocean.
avatar
Serenel

Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 29
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:20 am

Serenel wrote:I just think we have a fundamental difference on our definitions of what 'effect' means as it pertains to this game.

at this point i understand you define an effect as a incease or decrease from one position to another position, no matter how miniscual. (i.e 25% spending on defense, to 26% spending on defense)

however i am assuming this so correct me if i am wrong.

and i just dont think that is really an effect at all...to me its like saying one drop of water has an effect on the ecosystem of the ocean.

Yup, that's pretty much it. Except for the fact that the legislation from the WA can have an effect that we would all agree is not miniscule. This is not the norm, as most legislation is usually 'Mild' or 'Strong', but there exists the potential for significant legislation to come forth in the World Assembly.

_________________
~The Little Green Ghouls of Cool Egg Sandwich alien
(WA Delegate / Premier)

~Teh Dirty South Boss geek
(Founder)
avatar
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Posts : 506
Join date : 2011-01-25
Age : 30
Location : City of Champs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Serenel on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:28 am

a blind Squirrel has the ability to find a nut, that doesnt mean it is going to happen.

i would even wager if the WA did pass something meaningful it wouldnt make a large difference at all.

even further to the point just like the FAQ says, the WA can pass a resolution for War, Max Barry still isnt putting it in the game and it wouldnt effect the game at all.
avatar
Serenel

Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 29
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:51 am

Serenel wrote:
even further to the point just like the FAQ says, the WA can pass a resolution for War, Max Barry still isnt putting it in the game and it wouldnt effect the game at all.

That would be a breach of regulations because it would alter "game-mechanics". That point isn't really the best example, since its inherently illegal.

_________________
~The Little Green Ghouls of Cool Egg Sandwich alien
(WA Delegate / Premier)

~Teh Dirty South Boss geek
(Founder)
avatar
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Posts : 506
Join date : 2011-01-25
Age : 30
Location : City of Champs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Serenel on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:54 am

It isnt illegal...Max Barry just doesnt want to put a war mechinism in the game...as such a WA resolution wont convince him to.

just like the FAQ says, you can do it but it doesnt mean anything.
avatar
Serenel

Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 29
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:37 am

Well, it's against the regulations of the "game". A WA proposal can't change "game mechanics", and instituting a 'war' function would most certainly do that.

_________________
~The Little Green Ghouls of Cool Egg Sandwich alien
(WA Delegate / Premier)

~Teh Dirty South Boss geek
(Founder)
avatar
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Posts : 506
Join date : 2011-01-25
Age : 30
Location : City of Champs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Serenel on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:46 am

how you decide your issues and the effects they have on your nations are game mechanics, and you have just been arguing how it can effect those things.

regional passwords are a game mechanic, and SC resolutions can lift them/alter them.

avatar
Serenel

Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 29
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:48 am

Serenel wrote:how you decide your issues and the effects they have on your nations are game mechanics, and you have just been arguing how it can effect those things.

regional passwords are a game mechanic, and SC resolutions can lift them/alter them.


I suppose that's an exception, but it is a rule violation to submit a proposal that changes game mechanics. I stay pretty up to date on the thread called : "Silly and illegal WA Proposals zOmg!".

_________________
~The Little Green Ghouls of Cool Egg Sandwich alien
(WA Delegate / Premier)

~Teh Dirty South Boss geek
(Founder)
avatar
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Posts : 506
Join date : 2011-01-25
Age : 30
Location : City of Champs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Serenel on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:12 am

I would agree it is silly...but illegal...hardly.

seeing as max barry himself, through the faciets of the FAQ says its allowed.

avatar
Serenel

Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 29
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:27 pm

Serenel wrote:I would agree it is silly...but illegal...hardly.

seeing as max barry himself, through the faciets of the FAQ says its allowed.


Well, that's where you are incorrect. Seriously dude, read the rules of the World Assembly proposals. Trust me on this one. "Warring" within the functions of the game that MB has created is allowed and LEGAL. However, if you were to propose a Resolution that would "change game mechanics", that is ILLEGAL.

It has nothing to do with the aspect of war, which MB himself admittedly allows and encourages within NationStates. That doesn't change the fact that the rules of the WA explicitly state that no proposal can "change game mechanics".

_________________
~The Little Green Ghouls of Cool Egg Sandwich alien
(WA Delegate / Premier)

~Teh Dirty South Boss geek
(Founder)
avatar
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Posts : 506
Join date : 2011-01-25
Age : 30
Location : City of Champs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Serenel on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:32 pm

they cant change the game mechanics that it has no control over because it has to do with writing code with in the game.

so there for it is frowned upon, and would get scuttled because of it before it could ever become a resolution, but the WA could still do it, and nothing would happen, thats why people say you cant....

if the WA passes said resolution the whole world wont explode, it will just be another one of its meaningless resolutions that doesnt do anything.
avatar
Serenel

Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 29
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:27 pm

said resolution would never reach the voting floor.

_________________
~The Little Green Ghouls of Cool Egg Sandwich alien
(WA Delegate / Premier)

~Teh Dirty South Boss geek
(Founder)
avatar
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Posts : 506
Join date : 2011-01-25
Age : 30
Location : City of Champs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Serenel on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:said resolution would never reach the voting floor.

that is exactly what i said my good sir Very Happy
avatar
Serenel

Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 29
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Serenel on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:05 pm

please correct me if i am wrong.

but according to the Resolutions page it states:

Your Regional WA Delegate, Cool Egg Sandwich, has voted FOR this resolution

i thought the whole meaning of this poll was to capture how the Dirty South feels about the said resolution so our Delegate could vote accordingly?

i could be unaware though of caveots, does the poll only apply when you agree with it? or you dont care about the issue?

would that not make this whole process meaningless? i mean why even continue the sherard of putting up a poll if your not going to follow it?

you are of course at your own free will to do what you want, i was just under the impression you were suppose to vote in the fashion of the poll is all.

EDIT

actually reading through your very first post in this thread, it states:

Also attached is a poll question which will serve to determine my Delegate's vote in the World Assembly.

avatar
Serenel

Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 29
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  River on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Serenel wrote:they cant change the game mechanics that it has no control over because it has to do with writing code with in the game.

However there are flaws in the game mechanics that can be take advantage of if you know what and where they are. The reason that "Administration" was added to the WFE to allow all to see what the regional settings are was because, from day one, there was a hack that allowed those who knew it to view the regional settings which were then only viewable to the Founder and the WA Delegate, if he had access to regional controls.

avatar
River

Posts : 169
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 35
Location : Chicago, IL USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Serenel wrote:please correct me if i am wrong.

but according to the Resolutions page it states:

Your Regional WA Delegate, Cool Egg Sandwich, has voted FOR this resolution

i thought the whole meaning of this poll was to capture how the Dirty South feels about the said resolution so our Delegate could vote accordingly?

i could be unaware though of caveots, does the poll only apply when you agree with it? or you dont care about the issue?

would that not make this whole process meaningless? i mean why even continue the sherard of putting up a poll if your not going to follow it?

you are of course at your own free will to do what you want, i was just under the impression you were suppose to vote in the fashion of the poll is all.

EDIT

actually reading through your very first post in this thread, it states:

Also attached is a poll question which will serve to determine my Delegate's vote in the World Assembly.



There is nothing preventing me from "Stacking" my vote how I please until the voting deadline. Don't get your panties in a bunch, I will be voting based on how the poll tells me to. However, I feel that it is fully within my power to direct the votes of others, until my vote is legally bound by this poll.

_________________
~The Little Green Ghouls of Cool Egg Sandwich alien
(WA Delegate / Premier)

~Teh Dirty South Boss geek
(Founder)
avatar
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Posts : 506
Join date : 2011-01-25
Age : 30
Location : City of Champs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Serenel on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:39 pm

my boxers have never been straighter.

like i said in my post, you are free to do what you please.

i was just merely wondering why you werent complying with the very words you spoke.

if you say you will change your vote by the deadline fine, it just seems odd to me, but each is own.

hell even if you dont switch your vote, i have no interest, i just thought it was odd.
avatar
Serenel

Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 29
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Cool Egg Sandwich on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:41 pm

Serenel wrote:my boxers have never been straighter.

like i said in my post, you are free to do what you please.

i was just merely wondering why you werent complying with the very words you spoke.

if you say you will change your vote by the deadline fine, it just seems odd to me, but each is own.

hell even if you dont switch your vote, i have no interest, i just thought it was odd.

It's my way of getting other people to vote how I think they should. Even if I won't be able to vote with my own beliefs. Don't worry TDS, I am not betraying anyone's wishes.

_________________
~The Little Green Ghouls of Cool Egg Sandwich alien
(WA Delegate / Premier)

~Teh Dirty South Boss geek
(Founder)
avatar
Cool Egg Sandwich
Admin

Posts : 506
Join date : 2011-01-25
Age : 30
Location : City of Champs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Assembly: "Convention on Wartime Deceased"

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum